exhibition of speed in CA consequences?

Bbarajas

Established Member
I barely got a ticket for exhibition of speed in California. Police officer saw me peel out from a stop (not a stop sign) in a non residential area. I was not trying to show off I was just testing out my car. I know that is not an excuse. He must have saw me from far away and heard because on my ticket he did not write that I was speeding. He just wrote exhibition of speed VC23109(c) and its a misdemeanor. My question is what are the consequences for this? I know its a 2 point violation but is their anyway that I can see the judge and ask for traffic school or if they can reduce the fine? This is my first ever Misdemeanor and my last speeding ticket was about 1 1/2 years ago. So my driving record is clean. Well it was till this ticket. I've tried looking for information on this on Google, but I couldn't find anything. I know I did wrong, I didn't try making an excuse I just told the him that yes you saw me and that im sorry. Im just glad he didn't impound my car. From what I read im looking at about 500$+ fine? Is a misdemeanor a criminal charge? is there anyway that I can have it lowered to an infraction.

If it helps I was around a factory place it was sunny clear skies, no traffic and no pedestrians or cars anywhere on that street.

I know that I was at fault for this and that the officer was just doing his job. I just want to know what to expect when I go to court? thanks for any input.

Bbarajas

Established Member
Thanks for your input. From what i read should i get a lawyer or should i tell the judge that im guilty and see if he/ she can be leniant and reduce my fine or punishment seeing how its my first offense? That way i dont waste time going to court. I just dont want this misdeamenor on my record. What are the chances of the judge being leniant?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thanks for your input. From what i read should i get a lawyer or should i tell the judge that im guilty and see if he/ she can be leniant and reduce my fine or punishment seeing how its my first offense? That way i dont waste time going to court. I just dont want this misdeamenor on my record. What are the chances of the judge being leniant?
you need to get a lawyer, even with reduced fine you will be found guilty of a misdemeanor and it will REMAIN on your record for the rest of your life (in most states). even tho you clean up your driving record a misdemeanor stays. assuming you told the entire story you were at least not charged with street racing so that is a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Advice for OP - post it.

Otherwise, create a new thread elsewhere.

KushBandit

Established Member
As stated above, you need to talk to an attorney. Misdemeanor is a criminal charge, this is not a simple traffic infraction.

I'm not an attorney, but you may be able to have the charge negotiated down to some type of infraction and traffic school. Again, that's a matter for a lawyer and you to discuss.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
WOW! this is so cool. NEW advice posted months after the thread was dead .... Personally I congratulate you on your awesome contribution, you should be proud

As stated above, you need to talk to an attorney. Misdemeanor is a criminal charge, this is not a simple traffic infraction.

I'm not an attorney, but you may be able to have the charge negotiated down to some type of infraction and traffic school. Again, that's a matter for a lawyer and you to discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread