Exhauste Suggestions

99RioRedCobra

Established Member
hey again my 99 Cobra has Flowmaster exhaust on it and it sound nice but atracts cops because its so loud. im looking for any suggestions ony some real nice toned exhaust still a little loud but not overbearing and has a nice rumble

Thanx Again
99RioRedCobra

2001cobraguy

Established Member
i know you posted this 5 days ago but i figured i would throw my .02 at it. i would go with magnaflow(not the magnapack system though!) you tube it and see what you think...might be easier to buy a set of mufflers and have them welded in place of the flowmasters. check out ourdealsrock.com if you decide to go that route, i just ordered a set of magnaflows and get em for $50 each....pretty good deal for magnaflows.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What kind of mid pipe are you running? If it's an O/R you can throw a couple cats on and that will quiet it down.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Attracting cops with the Flowmasters??? That is nuts. I am running O/R X with the Borla Stinger Catback and that is ten times louder than Flows will ever be and I don't attract the popo. If it is too loud buy some highflow cats and throw them on. Shoot I have 2 Bassani Highflow Cats I will be trying to sell here soon. They are just sitting around.

Stephen4036

Established Member
ill make a video tomorrow of my setup..

stock manifolds/ Offroad H/ Maganflow catback (2.5" with 3.5" tips)

matt87

Established Member
mags are nice, you will like them. i would definetly just change out the muffs and save the money.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
mags are nice, you will like them. i would definetly just change out the muffs and save the money.

I agree mags are the best sounding chambered muffler besides Mac. I would stick with the mufflers only like they are all saying. :beer:

99RioRedCobra

Established Member
hey thanx for the suggestions guys
yeah i was on the money saving side and was only gonna order some mufflers.
right now for my set up i have BBK o/r H pipe with Flmomaster american thunder 40 series

i was almost thinkin SLP loudmouth 2 what you guys think??

how do you post pics on here??

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
LM2's will definitely be louder. I have them.

For posting pics, go to photobucket, make an account, upload, and copy the link below the picture that is very similar to

2001cobraguy

Established Member
just wanted to let you know and ill try and get a vid up of it...i bought the magnapacks for my car with stock manifolds, stock h pipe with cats, and stock tailpipes. basically cut out stock mufflers and welded in the magnaflows into my stock system...sounds awesome i think. not super loud and has a great tone to it i think. i used the 2 1/4" with a 20" overall length. i paid $100 for em and had em welded in for $40. pretty reasonable and i love the way it sounds. give me till monday hopefully and ill get a vid for you. ill try tomorrow but not sure if ill have time.

2001cobraguy

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VTzPspjOQE"]YouTube- 2001 cobra stock exhaust system with magnapacks[/nomedia] here is my car, dont mind the smoke hahaha shes gettin a little tired. time for a rebuild i think :) im also uploading another video of me driving in the car with the windows down. i think it sounds rather different on the computer though then it does in person. you just cant get the real sound of these cars out of computer speakers....but youll get an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread