exhaust

BosettiStang

Established Member
Hey I am looking in to getting a new exhaust system for my stang, I want to get BBK's h pipe with the high flow converters, but I live in califronia and I am worried about not passing smog, also I want to get some shortie headers and recomindations? But the most important thing os that I NEED to pass smog visual and tail pipe emmisons

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The headers aren't worth more than about 8RWHP at most. Not really worth the money unless you have to have the most HP you can possibly get. I'm not sure that the hi-flow pipes are legal in CA. If you contact BB&K about their H pipe, they can tell you if it is legal for CA cars.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I've read that the high-flow catted h-pipes are pretty good for both sound and performance. They should pass you through the smogs just fine, although California is the toughest state to pass. I would definitely give them a buzz like GR8WHITE said.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The sniffer on the roadside out there might get you. BB&K should list the part as CARB legal or 50 state legal if it can pass CA emission. You could also check that.

Users who are viewing this thread