~ Exhaust video! GT500, JBA H-pipe no Resonators

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Well I am going to have my JBA 3"/3" H-Pipe installed tomorrow, so I wanted to get a "Before" video of the GT500's by themselves for comparison.

BEFORE....
GT500 axle Back STOCK everything else:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLA6rheiAAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AFTER......
GT500 axle Back, JBA 3" in/out H-pipe w/ NO resonators:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OoGj9R-jqsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I will update this thread on Tuesday (Hopefully) once I get the h-pipe installed!

Here is a pic of the h-pipe itself:

DSC_1589.gif

Last edited:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Got the H-Pipe installed....Resonators are not cut out yet (My exhaust guy has been busy)
The install was really easy! Took less than an hour start to finish, hardest part was getting those 1/2" bolts off the front pieces of the stock h-pipe! (HINT: Loosen them with a wrench then use a set of vice grips on the end of the bolt to turn it off) BE SURE you seat the front ball connectors well, I had an exhaust leak out of the DS one and had to re-adjust it!

Slid the over axle pipes into the H-Pipe and was not able to clamp them down since the h-pipe is 3" and the over axle pipes are 2.75".

Started the car up....MAN oh MAN does it sound good, of course I tried feeling for any exhaust air out the back of the car and there was not any (it's all coming out of the h-pipe right now. I had a slight thought that this would sound pretty nice without mufflers at all.....hope I will not be disappointed with the h-pipe welded up to the axle back.

NOTE: I did NOT jack up the car at the pumpkin....the jack is just there as an added safety measure!

DSC_1597.gif

DSC_1601.gif

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Ok so I dont understand the point of this?? Your car already comes with an H pipe. Granted its not 3", but its still an H. Also if you are not deleting your cats, then whats the difference??

Edit: All I can see is that you are removing the resonators? Is that correct?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Ok so I dont understand the point of this?? Your car already comes with an H pipe. Granted its not 3", but its still an H. Also if you are not deleting your cats, then whats the difference??

Edit: All I can see is that you are removing the resonators? Is that correct?

Resonators will be removed tomorrow yes.....the 3" H-pipe allows for a deeper tone and better flow vs the stock H that constricts down to 2.25" at places! Plus that flex joint in the middle is pretty restrictive and tiny!

I wish I would have weight the two now....didn't think about it. But I can say that the JBA piece IS lighter!

P.S: I can't remove the cats, I live in an emissions state!

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Resonators will be removed tomorrow yes.....the 3" H-pipe allows for a deeper tone and better flow vs the stock H that constricts down to 2.25" at places! Plus that flex joint in the middle is pretty restrictive and tiny!

I wish I would have weight the two now....didn't think about it. But I can say that the JBA piece IS lighter!

P.S: I can't remove the cats, I live in an emissions state!

wow your gt500mufflers sound way louder than mine! lol...mine are just a notch or 2 above stock. I have an off road H on the way to solve this though!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
wow your gt500mufflers sound way louder than mine! lol...mine are just a notch or 2 above stock. I have an off road H on the way to solve this though!

I think a lot has to do with the HD quality camera I am using!? I thought the same thing when I heard the video.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Well It's all in and done!
The exhaust shop did an outstanding job and only charged me $60 for removing the resonators and add in the 3" pip in their place. I had them bring the axle back about an inch further to the rear so the tips would line up better with the rear valance.

Car sounds awesome and is exactly what I was going for; Louder yet deeper tone!
Inside the car it has a rumble but NO drone at all!

Video added to first post.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/OoGj9R-jqsI

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I can discern a slight difference from the videos. It does sound good. I am almost bought that H-pipe myself, but I wound up with an X.

Mike

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Well It's all in and done!
The exhaust shop did an outstanding job and only charged me $60 for removing the resonators and add in the 3" pip in their place. I had them bring the axle back about an inch further to the rear so the tips would line up better with the rear valance.

Car sounds awesome and is exactly what I was going for; Louder yet deeper tone!
Inside the car it has a rumble but NO drone at all!

Video added to first post.
GT Exhaust video 2 (GT500, JBA H-Pipe NO resonators) - YouTube

:thumbsup: Yep, figured you would like it. I think that it is the perfect combo for the guy that wants to keep his stock midpipe. I love mine.

JB2012

Established Member
They both sound awesome to me, but I'm biased :)

Can you get some interior video as well? Don't worry about the "before", we've all heard plenty of those, but I'd be very interested in some acceleration and cruising videos with the new setup. Please and thank you!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Cant tell a difference.

Sounds the same

Na there is definitely a difference!! It may be hard to tell form the videos....but in person, no question it sounds better!

Thanks to all those who commented, I do love it!
I will try to get some interior videos soon....

Plus Im gonna weigh the stock resonators just for giggles to see how much those weigh.

terminal5

Established Member
What's the ID size of the resonators? Maybe post a picture of the insides.

Both sound good, but I like the before better. I'm old.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Were they both done at Stone Cold start up?

To those saying "can't tell", I can also say that it is a huge difference. Without resonators, it is louder, deeper, throatier throughout the RPM range.

Users who are viewing this thread