Exhaust/tune 15 GT vs auto cobra jet intake 12 GT

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Today I had my first encounter with a CJ car on the road with my 15.

2011 GT
CJ intake and tune
Off road mid pipe
Auto w/ 3.31s and stall

2015 GT performance pack
Stainless works headers
No cats
Corsa Sport catback
St00pidfast tune
Driver Mod

We line up from a 40 roll and I give her the ole 3 honks. From the hit I get out about a car, car and a half and he stops my pull but doesn't gain any ground back up to around 130.

Second roll started more so from a 35 or so and I honk it off again. This time he times the honk perfectly and got the auto to downshift and go. He got out about a fender to half a car and I stop his pull and manage to get back to about his door when we shut down around 130.

Third run back at a 40 roll the same thing happens as the first run.

All in all I'm pretty impressed how my car did. Full exhaust and tune seem to really wake the 15s up. I figured a CJ race wouldn't have gone down that way but still was a good time.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
CJ + auto + 3.31s = a good combo? Doesn't seem like it would be. Good runs though!

mrlrd1

Established Member
Second roll started more so from a 35 or so and I honk it off again. This time he times the honk perfectly and got the auto to downshift and go.

I don't understand why anyone would race from a roll in an automatic and you let the thing downshift on it's own. Manually put it in the proper gear!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Why wouldn't it be a good combo? He really needs some headers and e85 to make it a different animal. Fun runs though!

Slow down. All I said was it didn't seem like it would be a good combo. An auto car with long gears and an intake setup that doesn't really start getting to work until the upper-mid range just doesn't seem the best to me.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Or race from a dig, OP claims driver mod but all races are from a roll? :poke:

BTW, I remember your silver TVS '11. Should have went with an auto on your '15... :D

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Or race from a dig, OP claims driver mod but all races are from a roll? :poke:

BTW, I remember your silver TVS '11. Should have went with an auto on your '15... :D

My TVS car was a 12 and kona blue lol. I really miss the power she had but I don't regret getting rid of her. She's now an auto car pissing people off on the gulf coast lol. I couldn't get the PP in an auto hence why I went manual. I still like banging gears though so it doesn't bother me.

You still gotta have the driver mod to no lift shift these bad boys lol. I just found out my Oklahoma tag DRVR MOD was approved and tied to the car. Now I have to wait another couple months :/

helloWorld

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think only the '13 and '14 coyotes had the select shift feature. The car OP is referring to is a '12.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think only the '13 and '14 coyotes had the select shift feature. The car OP is referring to is a '12.

The 2011 (as the OP is referring) can still manually select gears 1-3. Just do the AOD shuffle :lol1:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Great kill Man.

So who are the tuners on both cars? Stupid fast tune is what?

What fuel running in both? Timing avg on both cars? Shift rpms on both cars? Is the 15 a manual? Rear gears?

Where in OK you at? My mid pipe cj is a turd. ;)

clc44

Established Member
My TVS car was a 12 and kona blue lol. I really miss the power she had but I don't regret getting rid of her. She's now an auto car pissing people off on the gulf coast lol. I couldn't get the PP in an auto hence why I went manual. I still like banging gears though so it doesn't bother me.

You still gotta have the driver mod to no lift shift these bad boys lol. I just found out my Oklahoma tag DRVR MOD was approved and tied to the car. Now I have to wait another couple months :/
What part of the gulf coast is it in? I'm from there. Curious who bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread