Exhaust too loud

Oldstreetracer

Established Member
Have you looked at the magnaflow catbacks there free flowing with excellent tone.

Just installed the Magnaflows street series mufflers, much much better, great low rumble, now I can start the car up in the morning and not piss all my neighbors off, thanks guys!

Oldstreetracer

Established Member
Now I have to put the Roush mufflers on Craig's List, used for only about 10 hrs!

2014 GT auto, JPC 76mm turbo kit, Roush axle backs, Moroso catch can.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Roush. Great tone and sounds stock at cruising speeds for the most part.

SGcoyote

Established Member
Its very easy to spot.
About a 1" black flex hose running from your factory airbox back over driver fender near where hood hinge is there is a connection, then it runs down and threw firewall.

How to delete them....not sure really haven't crossed that bridge yet
Rip that ****er out! ROFL super easy I'm pretty sure you can get a plug for the stock intake tube also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rotarymagic

Established Member
It's a master cylinder plug that covers the hole in the firewall when removing the sound tube. JLT sells an idiot proof kit too that includes a cap for the intake tube and a plug for the firewall hole.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Hey guys I went with the Magnaflow axle backs #15151. Bought from vendor on Ebay because he had a "make offer" option. Threw out a lowball offer of $500 and he countered with $560 so I jumped on it. Then three days later sold the Crapmaster Outlaws on Craigslist to a guy for $200! Booyaa!!!

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the mention, guys. Our mufflers/catbacks usually have the exact characteristic that SKMCobra described: Mellow during idle and cruising, but roars once you step on it! If you have any questions we can answer, feel free to shoot us a PM or phone call.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
I would definitely recommend the Corsa axle backs. Sports are a moderate sound with no drone at all while cruising and the extremes are their loudest version while still remaining without drone while cruising on the highway. Both are great exhaust systems. I have the extremes and I love them.

Oldstreetracer

Established Member
Thanks for the mention, guys. Our mufflers/catbacks usually have the exact characteristic that SKMCobra described: Mellow during idle and cruising, but roars once you step on it! If you have any questions we can answer, feel free to shoot us a PM or phone call.

That is exactly how they are, extremely happy with my purchase!

Jim Varrati

I have BBK catted Longtubes in my 2017 GT and still have the factory resonator. I just installed Roush axel backs and I can't take it!! It is soooooo loud!!!!
I have to ever so slowly accelerate and shift like granny to keep peace in the neighborhood. I see people in front of me walking turning around to see what the heck is coming down the road lol. So these are coming off the headers must throw these over the edge, so if anyone is still looking let me know will be ordering the mag axel backs to try and keep the peace.

I just looked at these on AM and they are rated the same loudness as the Roush axel backs so not sure what I'm going to do now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread