Exhaust too loud

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I picked up a 2014 GT yesterday with Flowmaster Outlaw mufflers. It is way to loud for a daily driver. I can't even hear myself think with the windows rolled up and cruising at 60 mph. I'm thinking of going with Magnaflow as that is what I've had on my two other Mustangs in the past. I want a muffler which you can hear a bit in the car when on the throttle but is quiet when cruising. Suggestions?

nate714

Established Member
Have you considered removing and capping the soundtube that runs from the intake to the firewall? That cuts down some volume. I think GT500 exhaust is about ideal.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Have you considered removing and capping the soundtube that runs from the intake to the firewall? That cuts down some volume. I think GT500 exhaust is about ideal.

I'm completely new to this model Mustang. Knew the Fox body and SN95 very well. Where do I find that soundtube?

khawk952

Established Member
OP I have a set of gt500 axlebacks that were only on my car for a week if you're still looking. They're in perfect shape.

Oldstreetracer

Established Member
I picked up a 2014 GT yesterday with Flowmaster Outlaw mufflers. It is way to loud for a daily driver. I can't even hear myself think with the windows rolled up and cruising at 60 mph. I'm thinking of going with Magnaflow as that is what I've had on my two other Mustangs in the past. I want a muffler which you can hear a bit in the car when on the throttle but is quiet when cruising. Suggestions?

I have the same problem, I have a JPC turbo kit that deletes the cats and resonators with Roush axle backs, it is waaaay too loud! I am even thinking about putting the stock mufflers back and installing some electric cut outs but I'd rather just have mufflers that are free flowing but don't rattle my back teeth, everyone in my neighborhood is pissed off with me, any help would be appreciated.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I have the same problem, I have a JPC turbo kit that deletes the cats and resonators with Roush axle backs, it is waaaay too loud! I am even thinking about putting the stock mufflers back and installing some electric cut outs but I'd rather just have mufflers that are free flowing but don't rattle my back teeth, everyone in my neighborhood is pissed off with me, any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked at the magnaflow catbacks there free flowing with excellent tone.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I'm completely new to this model Mustang. Knew the Fox body and SN95 very well. Where do I find that soundtube?

Its very easy to spot.
About a 1" black flex hose running from your factory airbox back over driver fender near where hood hinge is there is a connection, then it runs down and threw firewall.

How to delete them....not sure really haven't crossed that bridge yet

Users who are viewing this thread