Exhaust Suggestions

93VORTECH

Established Member
I've had the car for 1.5 years and I can't stand to deal with the RASPY SLP LM2's anymore! Looking for some ideas/suggestions on Mufflers that will tone the noise down and have a deeper mild tone. HATE THE RASPY SOUND! I just wanna change out the Mufflers...not the whole Cat-Back. That should take care of my problem. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Currently running SLP Long Tubes and SLP Catted X-Pipe with the LM 2's

Rambro

Established Member
You need a chambered muffler to eliminate the rasp. If you have an off road X even a chamber muffler may not clean it up. This is why I like my h pipe and flowmaster 44's. The X pipe sounds good at idle but I can't stand the rasp they produce.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
You need a full sized muffler. Magnaflows, Steedas, Borla xr1, etc

I have a brand new set of Borla S type mufflers I may be willing to sell . They are brand new in the box never used

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
He needs to get away from the glasspacks. Putting stingers in place of lm2's would do him no good.

Rambro- X pipes don't add rasp. Glasspacks do. And they'll do it with an x or an h.

Rambro

Established Member
You need a full sized muffler. Magnaflows, Steedas, Borla xr1, etc

He needs to get away from the glasspacks. Putting stingers in place of lm2's would do him no good.

Rambro- X pipes don't add rasp. Glasspacks do. And they'll do it with an x or an h.

True. I guess I meant the X is more higher pitched sounding but yeah the glass packs will be raspy no matter the mid pipe. Bassanni sounds good too.

Steve Cea

Established Member
Lol the stingers are raspy, that's what the op wants to get away from.

I personally hate the sound of stingers.
Your nuts ??? That's the best sounds exhaust on the planet !! The ATAK system is raspy not the Borla stingers , the have a deep mellow tone that sounds GREAT !!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Your nuts ??? That's the best sounds exhaust on the planet !! The ATAK system is raspy not the Borla stingers , the have a deep mellow tone that sounds GREAT !!!!

I've watched countless video's and the stingers ARE raspy. Sounds hideous in my opinion.

The best sounding exhaust is having long tube headers and a o/r x pipe. Period.

wckdvnm

Established Member

Uhhh yeah no they are not deep sounding. They have a higher pitched sound once the car gets to 2k rpm and up. I had a 3 inch bassani system before the stingers and it was deeper. Not to mention stingers drone like a MF. I should have traded them when I had the chance last week.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Uhhh yeah no they are not deep sounding. They have a higher pitched sound once the car gets to 2k rpm and up. I had a 3 inch bassani system before the stingers and it was deeper. Not to mention stingers drone like a MF. I should have traded them when I had the chance last week.
It's probably the drone with the stingers that drive me nuts. They sounded raspy though too. Bassani is a great sounding exhaust. I think Magnaflow sounds good to.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're looking for a catback with a smoother tone and a bit quieter than the louder catbacks (but with a nice bark at WOT), consider the Steeda catback. It is made by Borla. I had one on my old '03 Cobra. No rasp.

Here's a video of a 2003 Cobra with a Steeda catback and catted x-pipe. Best is first 20 seconds.

chitowncobra

Established Member

I agree I have the Borla S type as well with BBK LT'S and BBK H Pipe no cats no rasp at all and I had this setup for 10 years now and nothing but thumbs up. this setup is loud as hell!
75d3a56cb7bfd9d832f9c910a7c39b92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

chitowncobra

Established Member

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread