Exhaust Question

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Im not used to the 05-11 exhaust set up. What is better for these cars because I plan on getting the 5.0 soon. The Cat-back or Axle-back and whats the differance.

Thanks

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Welp first off read through this A.R.H. header thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/705659-r-h-5-0l-header-pics-dyno-sheet.html

YOU MUST BUY THIS SETUP TO BE HAPPY!!! lol

I believe that this is a 3" setup but as you can see it can be used with the stock catback.

Keep an eye out for 3" Catbacks and of course you cant go wrong with Borla mufflers impo. :)

Have fun when you grab one, these are very mod friendly motors. :D
Evolution Perf has already ran a 10.24 @ 135 MPH with a Stock 6-Speed Manual Transmission and Clutch.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Most of the kits on the S197 cars are axle backs and consequently add very little in the power area. If you are looking to pick up HP, you must go L/T's.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
05-10 cars already come with 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, so really unless you upgrade to 3" exhaust and long tubes there isn't much to be gained.

When I went from stock to a Borla axleback, there was no distinguishable gain.

There is one exception to this, if you install an off-road mid pipe you will see substantial gains, however, your exhaust will then be illegal and you need to check your local laws to see how much you can do without getting caught.

2013Boss302

Established Member
I will let you know shortly, right after I picked up my 2011 I dropped it off at bassani exhaust. He's building a prototype cat back with a resonator delete and axle back mufflers. After that setup he's gonna build me another free set up with long tube headers

mixxer

Established Member
The best way to go is header and full catback. We have seen great gains for that but in addition to the power ,you can save 40+ pounds of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread