Exhaust Length Adjustment?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am putting a different Muffler Back Exhaust on the car. The exhaust is otherwise 100% stock with manifolds, cat pipe, mid pipe, etc.

I am not sure how these newer cars are set up. I know the over-axle pipes have a ball socket where the muffler attaches, so I can't get any rearward movement there. Between the manifolds and mufflers, are there any connections that allow adjustment to shift the mufflers and tips rearward any?

Thanks, Tom

Canson

Established Member
Good question, i do have the same problem and need an anser too. I have the Borla ATAK on my 2012 gt500 and they are sticking out. I don't see any place to allow some adjustments forward/backward

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
With the factory H pipe there really isn't much adjustment. It kinda is what it is. With a aftermarket X or H pipe you can adjust the mid pipes.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Went under the car today and looked around. The mid pipe which connects to the cats has sleeve clamps. There is definitely adjustment. Previously, the SS Exhaust Tips I put on were actually inside the valence openings. I was able to move the mid pipe back a little over an inch which put the tips well past the valence. I quit when the over axle portion was about 1/2" from hitting the rear frame cross member.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread