Exhaust hangs too low..

Mok4200

Established Member
I've tried searching the forums but didn't see anything.. 03 cobra w/ pypes H pipe...this thing hangs LOW. The car is lowered which does not help. but even then, the H pipe hangs about an inch from the ground, i have literally scraped on a cigarette pack in the road. It's doing a number on my cats and I've tried to loosen all the bolts, push it up to the floorboards but it does not seem to help...seems like the pipes that go to the manifolds are too long, do i have to take them to a shop to have them cut/rewelded to a shorter length? any other ideas?

Sprchd83

Established Member
I've got a similar issue on my '03. Maganaflow catted x pipe w/ Eibach springs. I've got to get the car up and adjust it. Well that's the plan. I have to see if there is room. I know there is room above the cats to move them closer to the floor. Just not sure if the bolts will allow it. Only other option I've been told is to get a custom x pipe made that tucks it up higher.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I've tried searching the forums but didn't see anything.. 03 cobra w/ pypes H pipe...this thing hangs LOW. The car is lowered which does not help. but even then, the H pipe hangs about an inch from the ground, i have literally scraped on a cigarette pack in the road. It's doing a number on my cats and I've tried to loosen all the bolts, push it up to the floorboards but it does not seem to help...seems like the pipes that go to the manifolds are too long, do i have to take them to a shop to have them cut/rewelded to a shorter length? any other ideas?

What lowering springs do you have?

Had a similar problem when I ran Eibachs. Would scrape on a lot of stuff. Switched to H&R race and the problem went away.

Users who are viewing this thread