Exhaust cutouts vs full exhaust

Eng90

Established Member
hey guys,

This topic is to shed some light on what are the advantages and disadvantages of cutouts and how it is compared to going for full aftermarket exhaust.

If you have any idea the best location to fit that cutout and would it give the car any torque drop at specific power range ??

Thanks

tparenti

Established Member
bump. I would like to know if anyone has had cutouts for a few years, do they seal just as well when closed years later?

Macabre

Established Member
I don't personally have them but seeing so many people having to replace the motors on electric ones after 1-2 years has been the one thing keeping me from installing them. Definitely cheaper than full exhaust though, and I'd imagine there's a nice gain if you're sticking them right behind the headers or cats.

Rich B.

I know of cutouts for side pipes but not that significant in ME closed or wide open. I have Corsa mufflers; straight through with harmonic cancellation for sound control and side pipes open, period. The cats act as mufflers for side exhaust and resonators still intact. Use the track key, go to dealer for sticker; they look at the car and don’t know what to do with it, no problem whatsoever.

Last I knew total of 6 Bosses in MAINE, but that was maybe 8 years back.

Attachments

• 7A07CBFE-D574-4962-9FD5-7C7ED713308C.jpeg
    7A07CBFE-D574-4962-9FD5-7C7ED713308C.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
I have the full kooks exhaust for the boss 302 with the cutouts on the midpipe. Long story short, one off the cutouts fell off when I was on the highway. I pulled the other one off and welded the holes up.

On a supercharged coyote I don't think the cutouts do much for power, just make it loud AF. I am perfectly fine with not having to worry about any of that BS anymore

Users who are viewing this thread