Exhaust CAMS and Intakes CAMS not working....?

jamyzd39

Established Member
Tuner is telling me exhaust CAMS and Intake CAMS are at 0 and not working. Does anyone have any ideas or guess? It's a 2014 Roush stage 3 lightly modded on E85 return style system. Car was originally brought to shop cause at WOT in 3rd gear trying to data log it was misfiring near the top and pulling timing.

Curt@injected

Any codes? What does vct schedule mode say when it does this?

I have seen the vct solenoids get plugged into the incorrect solenoid and cause some messed up issues. Had a car come from a dealer like that.

jamyzd39

Established Member
No codes at all. Originally I was having a surging issue, tried a different tuner and the surge seemed to go away with his base file but he wouldn't tune it further as it was misfiring near the top and pulling timing. Brought back to original shop. They have had it for quite some time and I think are uncertain what it is. Remote tuner said it is either electrical or sensor. Current tuner said it is unlikely to be CAM sensors as there is 4 and hard to imagine all 4 going bad at same time. I am unsure what VCT says as I don't know much about cars. SMH, I have had issues with this beast for about a year now, ready to drive it into a lake. Once upon a time it did pull strong, lol. Thanks for advice man, this stuff is way over my head. If they can't figure it out I may end bringing it somewhere else. I have too much into car to get rid of it though.

Users who are viewing this thread