Exedy Mach 400

herdfan75

Established Member
I need to replace the throwout bearing on my 96 Cobra, and while I'm at it I'll replace the pilot bearing and clutch, as well as rear main seal and transmission rear seal. I also plan to install a MM clutch cable kit with firewall adjuster and quadrant. I've already ordered a Ford Racing pilot bearing and Timken TOB and rear main.

There are so many clutch choices out there, but I think I've settled on one, the Exedy Mach 400. Mind you my car is stock and I plan to keep it that way other than maybe a cone air filter and some lowering springs. I want a clutch that has some bite but I don't want to "over clutch" the car. It doesn't go to the track but I do like to play at stoplights and such. It's also daily driven, so I don't need a stiff clutch pedal (it wears me out now as it is...no idea what clutch is in it now). Here's the clutch I'm looking at: http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-stage1-clutch-8695-50.html

When I put the 07800 part number in Amazon (need to put it on my credit card...ugh) the same clutch comes up but it says it will not fit my 96 Cobra, however these things are always wrong.

Let me know if any of you have used this clutch and your thoughts. I picked this one because of the high review on AM.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread