Exactly how uncommon are the new SHOs?

havok209

US Army
Established Member
My wife and I picked up a '11 SHO two weeks ago and we still haven't seen another one on the streets. I knew they were fairly rare but I figured as soon as we got ours we'd start noticing more and more, since that's how it usually works. Are they as uncommon as GT500s or Raptors? Still see a lot more of those than SHOs.

jtkz13

Established Member
We still have some, but not nearly as much as some other cities I've been in. Loads and loads of Mustangs and Camaro's though, and lots of them fast.

My shit is towards to slow end of stuff on the road on a nightly basis. :/

havok209

US Army
Established Member
Well that could work out to your benifit later. If you're looking into gettin something done, there will be plenty of people around to ask to make sure you get the best work/price available.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The Taurus in general is not a huge seller for Ford. It's not the Taurus of the 80's-90's, that sales position belongs to Fusion. SHO are probably rarer than GT500's of which they sell upwards of 10K a year.

Onix2

Being a proud owner of a 2012 Taurus SHO. Living out here in the Bronx. I can say I rarely see SHO's. Total unlike a belly button that everybody has.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I have Never seen one other than one time at the track I ran one in my G8GT, and my Police department had one of them and a new Caprice PPV (They were testing them out) There's never even any at the ford dealership here

peteypab2133

Established Member
The Taurus in general is not a huge seller for Ford. It's not the Taurus of the 80's-90's, that sales position belongs to Fusion. SHO are probably rarer than GT500's of which they sell upwards of 10K a year.

Who said 10,000 gt500 a year. Lowest is 2009 I think they made 3700 and 2013 will be similar.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I saw my first one recently at a local dealer being sold as a demo. They outpriced their demographic on this one big time.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I saw my first one recently at a local dealer being sold as a demo. They outpriced their demographic on this one big time.

I agree. Some lots have them at 40-41 fully loaded and ford is offering a 3,000 rebate on them as well. They are more tempting at 37,000 loaded up

Users who are viewing this thread