Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Runs 9's - Stock Engine & Auto Trans Video

Evolution

Established Member
Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Runs 9's - Stock Engine & Auto Trans

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/siqUezuWSyE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/siqUezuWSyE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>​

2011 Mustang GT C/S 5.0L 4V Automatic makes 652 RWHP and 577RWTQ with our Ford Racing/Whipple 2.3L Twin Screw 775HP Supercharger Kit at 12.5lbs of Boost.

We built this car for our good friend and customer Chris Cruz (Cruzing2Much). Since Chris already has an 8 Second 2007 Mustang GT C/S he wanted his 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Automatic to be a Street car, one that he drives everyday that would occasionally go to the track.

Modification List - Using 100% Street Components
Factory Stock Coyote Engine
Factory Stock 6R80 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
Circle D Specialties Pro Series Billet Torque Converter
Ford Racing/Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger @ 12.5lbs of Boost
L&M Dual 66mm Throttle Body
123mm Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
JLT Billet Oil Separators
Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Dyno Tune
American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Off-Road X-Pipe
Borla Catback Exhaust System
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
Ford Racing Lowering Springs
Evolution Upper Control Arm and Mount
Evolution Billet Lower Control Arms
Evolution Adjustable Panhard Bar and Brace
Black Weld RT-S Wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street D.O.T. Tires

You can view the Video in 1080P HD on YouTube by clicking the below link!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqUezuWSyE"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L - 9.95@142MPH Stock Engine & Auto Trans[/nomedia]

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I tried to spec out my Mustang GT on Ford's website with a 12.5 psi whipple and billet torque convertor, but it didn't show those options. Were they only available on the 2011s?

"Stock longblock", perhaps, but "stock engine and auto" is a misleading statement. Obviously, I knew from the times that the engine wasn't 'stock'.

The times are very impressive, though! You guys are doing an unbelievable job tuning the engine and chassis!

BLK93GT

Established Member
I tried to spec out my Mustang GT on Ford's website with a 12.5 psi whipple and billet torque convertor, but it didn't show those options. Were they only available on the 2011s?

"Stock longblock", perhaps, but "stock engine and auto" is a misleading statement. Obviously, I knew from the times that the engine wasn't 'stock'.

The times are very impressive, though! You guys are doing an unbelievable job tuning the engine and chassis!

The engine is stock, but supercharged. I think that is meant to mean that the engine internally has been untouched.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
And that is why Evolution is SO POPULAR!

Great JOB guys!

Saving for a 5.0 Boss.....

Mike

Nateman15

Established Member
Am I the only one that can't believe how amazing the new 5.0's are? Auto transmission, launching from idle or close to it, 12 pounds of boost, stock motor, stock trans. Wow. :beer:

04Ryan

Established Member
Sounds like it's bouncing off the limiter on the 1-2 shift...can the PCM not keep up with the rate of acceleration? Or is the converter flaring too far in 1st?

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
GReat Job. Can you share with us what octane gas you are using on these passes?

I would really like to know what can be done safely on 93 octane with the whipple or Roush TVS set up.

IShb3w

Established Member
GReat Job. Can you share with us what octane gas you are using on these passes?

I would really like to know what can be done safely on 93 octane with the whipple or Roush TVS set up.

They ran 109 octane in those passes. I too would love to know a 93 octane run time.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Question on everyones mind... how long will that motor take this though.

having looked up the specs on the rods, not for long I'm thinking.. they are basically the same rods in the earlier 4.6 SOHC, a powdered metal rod, that's been slightly redesigned.. what I did see though, a Terminator rod will fit with not much clearance..

Users who are viewing this thread