everything dies but the motor??? help

josh2016

Established Member
if i let my car idle for too long (5-10 min) everything electronic in the car shuts off (abs, radio, interior lights, guage cluster lights (guages still work), ect. but the motor still runs. if i shut the car off, and turn the key to the on position everything works like normal but the car wont turn over. it just clicks like the battery is dead. so i jump start the car and everything is good again. also the same exact thing happens at WOT after i go thru 5 gears shifting into 6th but only after i let off the gas. so i kill it really fast turn the key back on and let the clutch off and it starts back up like nothing happened. another thing....the battery light in my cluster is dim 24/7. its not completely lit up but its still on but very dim. i used a volt meter to check to see if the alternator was charging and it is, its stays between 13.60-13.80. any help would be appreciated thank you. here is a list with everything done to my car to help u see if something is causing this...

-6lb lower
-90mm accufab TB
-90mm MAF
-JLT CAI
-AFCO dual pass heat exchanger
-BBk Long tubes
-BBk off road H-pipe
-Steeda belt tensioner
-Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
-Custom stage 2 clutch from Pro Motion
-Fully built Trans from Pro Motion W/ 26 spline imput
-UPR blue thunder shifter
-4.10's
-Stock 39lb injectors
-Eibach suspension
-SCT Tune

mach1033

Established Member
Electrical gremlins really suck ass. Sounds like you have some grounding issues. If the money and time aren't an issue I would change all the cables, get a new battery along with a new alternator. Also clean all the surfaces where the connectors are attached. I just noticed you have a 6lb lower did you change the alternator pulley?

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I see you have a 6lb lower...did you change the alternator pulley? If not you are overspinning it and that is most likely part of your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread