Everybody with MM Sport series what are you're spring rates

mustangmike01

Established Member
I just talked to mm by email, these are the parts I'm going to buy this weekend and these are the spring rates he gave me, front 350, rear 250. its a driver, I do not go to the track with the car at all. But will a 250 rear be to soft for 600 to 650whp? With the guys running MM Sport series what are you're spring rates and what doe you use the car for and how dose it feel. These are all the parts i'm going to buy.
xmass gift for her!!!:rolling:

Torque-arm Package, 1999-04 Mustang GT, Heavy-Duty Torque-arm, Non-adjustable rear lower control arms=Part # MMTASS-12H

Coil-Over Kit with Springs, Bilstein Shocks, rear, 1979-04 Mustang non IRS=
Part # COP-3 spring rate 250 lb/in rate

Mustang Coil-Over Kit with Springs, Front, Bilstein Struts=
Part # COP-1 spring rate 350 lb/in rate

Non-offset Front Control Arms, 1994-04 Mustang, Urethane=
Part # MMFCA-7

1987-2004 MM Sport series Damper Package, solid-axle Mustang=
Part # MAX-1

thanks

Teej281

Established Member
You wont want that stiff of spring. Just get the regular bilstein HD's with a 300lb front spring and a 200lb rear spring. With the setup you just described, that would be a road racing style suspension. I know 600rwhp guys running 130lb rear springs for a drag setup. I personally have the MM coilovers on my IRS equipped GT with bilstein hd's all around with a 325/525 spring setup(IRS has much different spring rate needs than an SRA car) and it is a sports car ride. It rides and handles like a bimmer. For you, you sound like you dont want that. You'll probably want a little bit more of a softer ride for the street and still maintain most of the handling benefits of the CO's. So I'd suggest going with the regular Bilstein HD's and 300/200 spring rating. SRA's already ride bad enough, last thing you want to do is have too much spring rate on the rear.

Also be weary of the fact that you better have 3.55's or 3.27's with that kinda power and the heavy duty torque arm. Just so youre aware.

Any more questions, feel free to pm me. I went through this kinda thing last summer with MM and from MY research I came to a conclusion, as they wanted me to go with Sport valved Bilsteins and 400/600 spring rates for my car and after getting this combo, I would not have wanted any more spring rate at all. Thinking about going back down to a 300/500 setup or 300/475 setup to soften the ride a little bit. Rides great, but rattles in a 125k chassis dont sound good with any kind of stiff suspension.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Im running MM Sport Coilovers running 375 fronts and 575 rears. This is from Jasons (MM tech) recommendation for the street.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread