Ever Get Pulled Over For Street Racing?

Marc

Established Member
First, this thread is not to brag or advocate street racing on the public streets. Just putting this disclaimer out there right now. And if this is not allowed on this board, Admins: Please remove and accept my apology. This is kind of a funny story so figured I would tell it.

Back, many years ago when I was stupid and would drag race on the streets (I have since gotten smart and know its not worth it)...a got caught street racing.

Here is my story:

Me and some buddies traveled to the local hangout of all the hot rods. Normally, coming back from these events on the 4-lane highway at wee hours of the morning, we would race each other...we all had mustangs. Well before we took off to come home, I told them I would NOT race because I had forgotten my wallet and had no form of I.D. on me.

On the way back, my buddies were racing each other and I was kind of following along with the pack. Well, half way home this old late 60s camaro, primered color, big meats in the back and hood scoop comes up on me from the onramp. I can't see him and he can't see me because we both have tinted windows. I signaled to my buddies that I got this guy. So, the car actually slows down with me and we gun it. I am running a 100 shot of nitrous and starting walking on him by several car lengths with my 91GT.

All of a sudden, I see red and blue lights behind me but no cop. I am like WTF? The freaking cop was the camaro I was racing! He put up his little portable lights on the hood of his car like they do on those undercover cop cars. Well, he freaking pulls me over. Of course, racers creed, my buddies keep going. I get out of the car, he gets out of the car in uniform and I say, "You have got to be kidding me...you race me and then pull me over?"

Right away he said, "Calm down...I saw you guys in tripple digits and figured if I pulled one of you over, the rest of you slow down...and then he laughed." I was like, "are you sure you didn't pull me over because I was winning?" We both laughed. He was actually pretty cool. Scared the living chit out of me. He let me go without even asking for any I.D.

My buddies drove to my house and told my wife I was probably in jail. When I drove up, they couldn't believe it.

That story combined with another story is the time I quit drag racing on the streets. The other one (story for another day) was a "Test and Tune" on the local streets that could of gotten me killed...or worse, someone else.

Anyone else ever get pulled over? Consequences?

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Ill play,

SO when I first got the long tubes installed in the Shelby they were loud as hell. Add to that a Hi flow cat setup and SLP loudmouth mufflers. Ya it was loud. :rockon: So I'm cruising down Oracle just enjoying watching everyone's face as I pass them going just a little bit over the speed limit, ( like 5mph) and they hear this loud ass exhaust. Well I was in my scrubs and had just gotten pizza for work when I pulled out onto Oracle again right smack dab next to a camaro SS. Of course he looked over and rolled down his window. I rolled mine down and I could tell that he had some exhaust work done also. Well we are going about 45 up Oracle rd and I throw it in neutral and give him a nice 4k rev. He is like goddamn that's nice throws his in neutral revs at me,( which sounded damn good also) and I rev back. So after 3-4 revs between each other I guess its time to get on our way. SO I throw him a wave and start driving off. Of course here comes the red and blue lights. He went behind the Camaro so I just kept driving. Well less then 300 ft later he comes flying up my ass, and I pull over. Well Mr Highway patrol officer was behind up the whole time and said we were street racing. I asked him if he was crazy and he asked me if I was delivering pizza :??: I said yes, clearly I am delivering pizza, thus the scrubs and the paramedic badge. Well long story short he gave me a ticket for reckless endangerment and racing on the highway. Went to court talked to the attorney and told her what happened. Well she said she was gonna review the tape and make her decision off that, especially since he put down my speed was 46 in a 45 and clocked on radar going 46. :bored: Needless to say, next week it was dismissed without prejudice. :banana: :banana: :dancenana:

Devil_Z

Established Member
Yep I got pulled over street racing once. Two guys I know were on either side of me on a 3 way road. One was a 450+ rwhp srt4 and the other was a 550+ hp cobra. I had no intention of racing since we were driving over to where "the cars meet up" which wasn't too far. The light turned green they look off so I decided I would play. Stepped on it, passed them like they were sitting still. The cobra and I got pulled over about 10 mins later when we were driving normally. Cop took both of us to jail, case was later thrown out due to unsubstantial evidence.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah but it was pre Fast and the Furious days and I got off with a failure to obey a posted speed control device ticket.

Thank you FHP..lol

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Not really a racing story but. I came back from another town one night and got pulled over on the interstate for 82 in a 75. i hadnt been speeding. anyways he lets me go with a warning (for not speeding?) and I head home. I pull up infront of my house and get out. I am walking up my sidewalk and a police cruiser pulls in behind my car and turns on her lights. She spotlights me and tells me to get back in the car. I do and she tells me that she is giving me a ticket for exibition driving. I said what? I didnt do anything wrong? I didnt get on it at all i just got pulled over by a sheriff on the interstate. She said she could hear me rodding it from two blocks away. I said BS i didnt rod it and how the hell do you exibition drive when it is 130am and there is no one around? Who am i exibiting for? She gave me a writing warning and went on her way. They will find any reason to pull you over here to see if you have been drinking.

03cobrah

Established Member
a few months ago i was racing this blacked out a4 gto. of course i start putting lengths on this thing from a 40mph roll since there's no real good places to do a dig at anyways. well after i give the gto owner a thumbs up a state trooper came flying up on my ass for like 10 minutes and then put his lights on and pulled me over.

So i pull over to the side of the road. i roll my window down as the leo comes up to my car and he asks, Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for? and i said cause im young and im black and my hats real low? Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know. Sir don't get smart with me, you were doing 55 in a 54 license and registration and step out of the car. I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
a few months ago i was racing this blacked out a4 gto. of course i start putting lengths on this thing from a 40mph roll since there's no real good places to do a dig at anyways. well after i give the gto owner a thumbs up a state trooper came flying up on my ass for like 10 minutes and then put his lights on and pulled me over.

So i pull over to the side of the road. i roll my window down as the leo comes up to my car and he asks, Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for? and i said cause im young and im black and my hats real low? Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know. Sir don't get smart with me, you were doing 55 in a 54 license and registration and step out of the car. I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

55 in a 54??? :??:

TEGEN

Established Member

I feel like I just got Rick Rolled :lol:

KB_GT

Potato Peeler
Established Member

hahaha! :lol::lol:

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Years ago, in our small town I was getting off work with my now wife. My brother got a new car and wanted to race me. Here it is 01:30am and we're rolling through town trying to get line up when we hit it together. He starts to pull on me when I see a cop running to his car. He was checking out some stores that got broke into a few weeks before. So my brother keeps on it straight out of town. I quick turn down the first left and park between two cars, lights off and told the wife to duck. By the time the cop got turned around we were gone. Will he came by the street and turned right instead of left where he would of found us hiding. The wife kept saying "you're going to jail, you're going to jail". Well started the car up and headed home where my brother was waiting. As we started to talk about who was winning the race, the cop showed up lights and all. Its a small town where everyone knows where you live. Anyways, he started with the what he could do speach. Anyways, after a couple of "yes sirs" he left. To this day my brother and I argue on who would of won the race.

MARK C

Established Member
Back when I had my Brand new 1987 LX, 5.0, 5 speed, Hatchback...A buddy and I were out messing around. We came across a new Turbo coupe T/bird...I raced him from a light......needless to say I killed him. Next light he tries again, Another loss for him. He just could not get enough.We raced like 4 or 5 times, each time same outcome I would pull 2 cars in first and 2'nd the race was over. Last time we lined up...he nailed it, I didn't, I had enough. As I go past this store right after the light, I thought I saw a car parked on the side of the road (dark out) well as soon as I passed him, his lights came on and then his red and blue lights came on and he passes me and pulled over the T-bird. God did my friend and I laugh are asses off!!!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

Are you carring a weapon on you. I know alot of you are.

I aint steppin out of shit, all my papers legit.

Marc

Established Member
Here is what stopped my "test and tune" on the street...many years ago.

My buddies and I installed a Nitrous set-up on the mustang. Well behind my house there was a 4 lane section of street that was about a 1/2 mile long from stop light to stop light. Traffic was typically pretty low (not that this is an excuse for what I did).

Well we had a 100 shot pill in. I was in third gear shifting into fourth gear when I realized the throttle was stuck to the floor. And keep in mind we are shooting nitrous at this stage. My buddy has sense enough to turn off the nitrous (kill switch was mounted in the center console). I turned off the car. Well, this locked up the steering and of course power brakes were gone...and the car was veering to the right. I practically stood on the brakes to get the car stopped...right at the red light. The car wouldn't start so we pushed it to the gas station across the street. I looked at the tach and it was pegged. The needle was stuck all the way south. I fired it up again and it started. The tach needle wobbled a bit and then sprung back to the normal position.

To this day I can't believe I didn't blow the motor up. But, that incident was one of those "Defining Moments". That was the last time I used the street for a "Test and Tune" drive.

Jroc

Established Member
Yes I was pulled on 2/15/07 not long after getting my Cobra. I was racing some cammed out 80's model Monte Carlo with a 383. The race didn't go on for but a few seconds when we saw the cop. Probably didn't get over 80 mph. I had gotten maybe 3 or so cars ahead of him. He pulled both of us and charged us with "Acquiescing In Racing" and said that it meant that we were attempting to start a race, and not actually racing, and that it wouldn't be anything but a big fine. We both plead guiltily for the charge, and then a few week later I get the statement in the mail I posted below. Anyway the arresting officer had ended up transferring to another department, and I had to track him down, and he said to show up at the same court at X date, and he would try to get them to drop the charge as he told us that we wouldn't lose our licenses if we plead guilty.

When I got there the other guy I was racing was there, and he had done the same thing I did. The cop didn't show, and me and the other guy had told the lady sitting by the judge, and some other officers our situation, and they finally got a hold of him on his cell phone, and he told them that he told us we would lose our license, and that it wouldn't be anything more than a fine.

What they ended up doing was changing the charge to "Failure To Use A Turn Signal" which carried a similar fine, as the one i already payed when I plead guilty several weeks earlier. I actually got a check in the mail shortly after that reimbursing me about $11. The difference in the fines.

Here's the letter I got in the mail:

27wu545.jpg

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
used to street race alot but never really pulled over for it..but this one night i jumped on the hiway with my cousin and this girl he liked, she jumps up and says "lets see this baby go" so being the kid i am i dropped a gear and began to disappear, start weaving in and out of light traffic, and i guess in the process i cut and weaved in between a state trooper at just a tick below 120mph lol...so he mashes it and comes up behind me, i go o shit an he hits the lights..i pull over roll the windows down and shut the car off...my cousin says "ur goin to jail tonight without a doubt" so i got all my paper work ready and say out loud..damn i didnt even see him..and he pops out of no where and says.."you really didnt see me?" i said no sir, he goes well what do those lights mean on the top of my car? i went to say something and he goes it means dont drive like an AHole and have a good night..and he left ahaha...

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
used to street race alot but never really pulled over for it..but this one night i jumped on the hiway with my cousin and this girl he liked, she jumps up and says "lets see this baby go" so being the kid i am i dropped a gear and began to disappear, start weaving in and out of light traffic, and i guess in the process i cut and weaved in between a state trooper at just a tick below 120mph lol...so he mashes it and comes up behind me, i go o shit an he hits the lights..i pull over roll the windows down and shut the car off...my cousin says "ur goin to jail tonight without a doubt" so i got all my paper work ready and say out loud..damn i didnt even see him..and he pops out of no where and says.."you really didnt see me?" i said no sir, he goes well what do those lights mean on the top of my car? i went to say something and he goes it means dont drive like an AHole and have a good night..and he left ahaha...

? Close call...

res0n0xg

Established Member
Yes I was pulled on 2/15/07 not long after getting my Cobra. I was racing some cammed out 80's model Monte Carlo with a 383. The race didn't go on for but a few seconds when we saw the cop. Probably didn't get over 80 mph. I had gotten maybe 3 or so cars ahead of him. He pulled both of us and charged us with "Acquiescing In Racing" and said that it meant that we were attempting to start a race, and not actually racing, and that it wouldn't be anything but a big fine. We both plead guiltily for the charge, and then a few week later I get the statement in the mail I posted below. Anyway the arresting officer had ended up transferring to another department, and I had to track him down, and he said to show up at the same court at X date, and he would try to get them to drop the charge as he told us that we wouldn't lose our licenses if we plead guilty.

When I got there the other guy I was racing was there, and he had done the same thing I did. The cop didn't show, and me and the other guy had told the lady sitting by the judge, and some other officers our situation, and they finally got a hold of him on his cell phone, and he told them that he told us we would lose our license, and that it wouldn't be anything more than a fine.

What they ended up doing was changing the charge to "Failure To Use A Turn Signal" which carried a similar fine, as the one i already payed when I plead guilty several weeks earlier. I actually got a check in the mail shortly after that reimbursing me about $11. The difference in the fines.

Here's the letter I got in the mail:

27wu545.jpg

Wow! You got totally ****ed! Jesus Christ, any time something like that happens, hire a god damn lawyer.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I have two stories...

The first happened when I was test driving my old z06. Up until then I had never drove something that powerful so I was having fun on the test drive. I was with a lady friend and as soon as I seen the red & blue lights I turned to her and said "I hope you can drive stick cause I'm going to jail."The cop comes up to the window of the vette and says "There's nothing like a fine tuned American sports come but I need your DL and REG. I explained to the LEO I was only test driving the z and my DL's was at the Chevy delarship, but I have my military ID. He looks at my military I'D and says to me "Pretty girl, nice car Marine, thank you for what you do and have a good day." I was a little shocked because I'm used to the town I'm stationed in LEO's and they all have something to prove.

Second story...

I was driving home from a friends house late one in my old built Cobra. This other guy in a white LT1 z28 wouldn't stop messing with me. So, we hit a light at the same time and well... we were ready for that green light. As soon as the light changed I hit it and before I went into second I had about four cars on him that's when I seen the cop on a side street as I passed him going sideways. He hit his lights and got behind the z28 so I just calmly kept going. Well the LEO figured out my at the time smooth idea and lets the white camaro go to chase after me. I notice and just pull over. He jumps out with his gun pointed at me then slams me on the back of my and searches me and my car. After slamming my door against the fence I was next to multiple times he gives me a speed racing ticket and let's me go, I was super nice the whole time. I go infront of the judge and she asks me what happened and I explain that the camaro wouldn't leave me alone and I was just trying to get infront of him so he'd stop brake checking me. She changes the charge to an unsafe movement and I get off with a $120 fine. I was VERY lucky in both cases so I figure I'd quite while I was a head, I don't street race anymore.

Jroc

Established Member
Wow! You got totally ****ed! Jesus Christ, any time something like that happens, hire a god damn lawyer.

Did you not read my whole post? I got totally out of it other than a $230 something dollar fine for failure to use a turn signal.

Having the judge change the charge meant I didn't lose my license, or have to pay SR-22 insurance, or get penalized in any way more extreme than anyone else would for that charge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread