Evans cooling mods work with TT?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I have a dilema, need some input. I want to run the evans cooling stuff but do not know if it all will fit/work with all the THP kit on the car or if it will interfere with the new K member.

Also their thermostat housing goes on the top line which would be right over the passenger turbo compressor side.

I also wanna run an "oil rail". Reason is the turbos need one (or two if you ditch the supplied t's and elbows) of the outlets on the oil/water outlet, my lunar oil pressure gauge needs one, the stock oil pressure gauge needs one. I don't want to run a bunch of line with "t's" in it do do this, prefer to have oil line come off the Evans plate, hit this oil rail, supply all the needs. Nice neat oil management outside the motor.
Has anyone seen something like this?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
the Oil Distribution Block I was talking about. Decided to sketch it up.

Four -8AN hits on top.
2 hits for turbos, 2 hits for gauges.
-10AN through for good flow

design allows mounting on 3 sides.

20107-evans-cooling-mods-work-with-tt-odb.jpg

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Not sure about the Evans stuff fitting. Tell them you'll be the beta setup for TT Cobra's and they'll send you a kit for free!
I just checked my Swagelok and Mcmaster-Carr catalog for the manifold. Mcmaster's looks like 3/8 NPT is the biggest outlet. I'll check Grainger.

dougwg

Established Member
....umm, postban, arent you supposed to be drawing official car parts instead of the funny looking fantasy ones. PS, IPA sucks :bs:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
IIRC Dave, the size of the fitting correlates exactly to 1/16ths of an inch. i.e. a 1/2 inch fitting would be a -8...a -10 would be a 5/8. Make sense?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
IIRC Dave, the size of the fitting correlates exactly to 1/16ths of an inch. i.e. a 1/2 inch fitting would be a -8...a -10 would be a 5/8. Make sense?

Yep.

I got some fittings coming so Doug can get the ODB rolling.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
got pics of the k-member mocked up? i dont know where aftermarket k-members cross in front of the oil filter base, but i do have the evans flang installed.

i dont have any decent pics of the flange installed, but the flange doesnt really go rearward, it just goes forward fwiw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread