EV Propaganda

jshen

Established Member
If you don't like your electric bill now...imagine when they become a super monopoly! ...and charge what they want. GA has had two nuclear reactors "under construction" for what seems like 20 years. Solor? depending on where you live...but it is extremely costly for the average Joe...and let's now forget hurricane ally East Coast always vulnerable

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Cold weather destroys batteries...

"Huh, 100% charge but only a 155 mile range?
Yup, it lost ~30% of it's battery life overnight because "the battery got cold". You're supposed to keep them plugged in.
(PRO TIP: Invest in extension cord companies)"

1638302624220.jpeg

bglf83

Established Member
Driving at 75 MPH kills the batter too from what I have read. I can only imagine what driving at 75 MPH when it’s cold out would do.

I guess I would be open to a conversation when there is a 500 mile range Driving at 75 MPH that can be recharged to go at least 400 more miles in 45 minutes.

I live in Texas, we have went from Dallas to Corpus which is over 500 miles with a lot of it at 75 MPH.

A common drive from Dallas to Houston is over 300 miles with a 75 MPH speed limit. From what I understand, even the Teslas with long ranges cannot make that at speed without a recharge.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The half-baked thoughts in this thread...

Whatever you calculate for the maximum yearly electrical "requirement", multiply it times 10, then double that.
Don't forget to add in the US economy operating at ~20% efficiency to implement it.

You think it's bad now? Implement EVs.

Can hardly wait for the federal certification mandate that'll be implemented for anyone to perform any type of diagnosis or repair of an EV.

That's why they're a gateway drug for government to axe the automobile and personal transportation. Just wait, rolling blackouts and only can charge your EV on certain days. Then you can only drive it on certain days. Then it'll be expensive to buy since less people will buy cars anymore, and boom, the elites are back to what we had circa the turn of the 1900s.

Car companies are building their own coffins and digging their graves by not rejecting this. And anyone buying EVs that aren't buying the plaid Tesla for its performance aspect alone, are signing away the automobile and freedom of vehicular autonomy.

We don't have the energy production to facilitate mass EV implementation. Period. Petrol scaled up because it produces incredible energy per volume and cost to produce.

q6543

Established Member
I would expect within the decade we'll see highly efficient 1,000 plus mile range vehicles.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That's why they're a gateway drug for government to axe the automobile and personal transportation. Just wait, rolling blackouts and only can charge your EV on certain days. Then you can only drive it on certain days. Then it'll be expensive to buy since less people will buy cars anymore, and boom, the elites are back to what we had circa the turn of the 1900s.

Car companies are building their own coffins and digging their graves by not rejecting this. And anyone buying EVs that aren't buying the plaid Tesla for its performance aspect alone, are signing away the automobile and freedom of vehicular autonomy.

We don't have the energy production to facilitate mass EV implementation. Period. Petrol scaled up because it produces incredible energy per volume and cost to produce.

Right on.

And, driving a vehicle is not a right, it's a privilege.

People think their civil rights are being destroyed?
HA!
Wait 'til these marxist, *********** globalist get total control of our ability to be mobil. Bastards have already done it with air travel.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Going off the grid is still not cost effective. The number of batteries needed to power a house overnight is way more than tesla and other "green" idiots think. also between the panels requires and the batteries going off the grid is not nearly as green as the tree hugger would like us to believe.

Everyone needs to look into some off grid solar power. If the greenie cocksuckers get what they want, rolling blackouts will become the norm around the country. If you couple adding all of the EVs with the destruction of all the coal power plants, we are in for some bad times. Unless we start building nuclear plants, reliable power supply is going to become a thing of the past. Do not hook your solar to the grid no matter how much they offer you.

tistan

Established Member
Going off the grid is still not cost effective. The number of batteries needed to power a house overnight is way more than tesla and other "green" idiots think. also between the panels requires and the batteries going off the grid is not nearly as green as the tree hugger would like us to believe.
It isn't about being cost effective or green, it's about not being dependent on an unstable power grid. I have years supply of $2-3k worth of meet in my freezer that would go bad in blackout. I don't know anyone has tried to buy a cow lately, but you can't just call up processor and get one tomorrow. I'm setting mine up to partially off grid. My solar and battery will power my fridge and furnace full time. I'll have a plug for my freezer if the power goes out. I also plan to power my future driveway electric heat off the solar.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
If you don't like your electric bill now...imagine when they become a super monopoly! ...and charge what they want. GA has had two nuclear reactors "under construction" for what seems like 20 years. Solor? depending on where you live...but it is extremely costly for the average Joe...and let's now forget hurricane ally East Coast always vulnerable
People keep saying "EV mandates won't happen- the oil industry is too strong!" But they're not oil companies- they're energy companies. And they're the ones pushing the electric everything, because that means they get to corner the market. You think they could gouge you when you could switch between things like gasoline, oil, propane, natural gas, electric, etc...? Imagine when everything is electric whether you like it or not.

Driving at 75 MPH kills the batter too from what I have read. I can only imagine what driving at 75 MPH when it’s cold out would do.
Being fair the two issues won't stack- driving at 75mph is going to generate heat and help keep the batteries warm via the heating/cooling system. Now if you think about applications that need a lot of cabin heat, like buses, it isn't pretty.

Because this shift will be immensely more profitable to them in the short term. It's not just going to EVs, it's going to autonomous EVs that they own and you subscribe to as a service. They have a vested interest in it. Individual freedom isn't as profitable.

I think the insurance industry and OEMs are what are going to really force people's hands, whether they like it or not, with legislation following shortly after.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
People keep saying "EV mandates won't happen- the oil industry is too strong!" But they're not oil companies- they're energy companies. And they're the ones pushing the electric everything, because that means they get to corner the market.

Yep! I keep seeing ads from BP on my Facebook feed pushing "the electric revolution". On the surface it seems like that would put them out of business, but clearly they have something big going on I don't know about.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Oil companies aren't run by bozos. They have invested in other sources of energy over the past decade to make sure they keep making money even when ICE engines take a hit in usage.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Being fair the two issues won't stack- driving at 75mph is going to generate heat and help keep the batteries warm via the heating/cooling system. Now if you think about applications that need a lot of cabin heat, like buses, it isn't pretty.

75MPH is about the power it takes to overcomes air resistance. A Chevy bolt range drops from 325 to 190 miles if you change cruise speed from 55 to 75MPH.

Users who are viewing this thread