ET Street SS out of stock, alternatives?

jtkz13

Established Member
I cant find anyone with 305/35/18 Et Street SS in stock, and I'm down to the wear bars on mine. :/

Is the R888R in 318/30/18 a decent alternative, or am I gonna hate it? I make 630hp/600tq at the wheels, but I dont drive it like crazy. Just a nice day cruiser that I romp on here & there.

I cant find anything else in stock that can fit on my 18x10" wheels, and that would be even close to the MT's in traction. :/

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
did you try beefcakeracing? I know they were advertising MTs in stock but its been a few weeks so might all be gone

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The R888R is a road course tire. I doubt it'll hook as well at the ET. I have the R888R on my car and 1st is usually a spin fest. 2nd will usually start to hook when it's warm enough. But I'm also a little over 700hp.

jtkz13

Established Member
So I just found some ET Streets online, but they'll end up being ~ $150 more than the R888R after I pay for mounting locally. I have only averaged like 7k miles of life on the ET Streets, so they definitely wear out quick too. :/

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
The R888R is a road course tire. I doubt it'll hook as well at the ET. I have the R888R on my car and 1st is usually a spin fest. 2nd will usually start to hook when it's warm enough. But I'm also a little over 700hp.

+1 I love em but way different from a DR. I run them on all 4 handles great I like them better than a DR. That said I also run very stiff suspension and have a cam that nerfs the low end a little. 750/650 with 3.73, not bad once you're outta first (40 mph ish) otherwise right pedal is the slide pedal. If you drive like a nut and keep them all hot they work magic.

jtkz13

Established Member
I'm a convertible with pretty soft suspension, and the MT's hooked like crazy. But they also are pretty soft sidewalls and I was always scared to death of getting caught in the rain since they are basically slicks after one season.

Do you think with my power I could at least roll on the loud pedal in 1st gear and mostly hook up on a nice warm day? Thats really all I need.

LS WUT

Established Member
Gotta pay to play my dude. I found a few places with them for sale in stock. Is it the money, or you couldn’t find them ? Summit has 16 available for $395.47 each. Most other places are $419 each or so.

olympic

Established Member
Try Toyo TQ. I switched from the old MT ET Street to the Toyo's and they are very comparable traction wise.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta pay to play my dude. I found a few places with them for sale in stock. Is it the money, or you couldn’t find them ? Summit has 16 available for $395.47 each. Most other places are $419 each or so.

Good lookin out! Im ordering a set this week haha

For what it's worth, I ordered a set back in 2018 and they were $373 per tire.. so prices are up, but not as bad as I thought.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Update.. I just ordered a set of 305/40r18... actually 1/2 inch taller than the 35, so perfect (for me at least).

great thread! haha

jtkz13

Established Member
Yeah, it's absurd. But if you need em, you need em.

They're all that works for me unfortuantely at 900+.

Yeah I hear ya, 900 is a crazy number though, I'm sure the MT's dont even stand a chance.
This, in the long run it's cheaper than having an accident because of tires

Agreed, I'm starting to really consider what I want long term though, and I'm more likely to have an accident because I get caught in a popup storm than tires that dont grip when WOT.

I hear ya, just starting to add up with f&^king gas and groceries. I really only checked with local tire places (Discount & Belle Tire), since I have had bad luck getting old stock from online sellers in the past. Plus I dont love being in the spot of no one really taking ownership if the tire comes shipped to me with an issue. I had a MT that couldnt get balanced that I bought online and it was a huge PITA to get it taken care of. Since then I vowed to never buy tires online again.

Try Toyo TQ. I switched from the old MT ET Street to the Toyo's and they are very comparable traction wise.
They seem to be discontinued and no one has em in stock. If someone finds a pair in stock I'll eat my words.

LS WUT

Established Member
Yeah I hear ya, 900 is a crazy number though, I'm sure the MT's dont even stand a chance.

Agreed, I'm starting to really consider what I want long term though, and I'm more likely to have an accident because I get caught in a popup storm than tires that dont grip when WOT.

I hear ya, just starting to add up with f&^king gas and groceries. I really only checked with local tire places (Discount & Belle Tire), since I have had bad luck getting old stock from online sellers in the past. Plus I dont love being in the spot of no one really taking ownership if the tire comes shipped to me with an issue. I had a MT that couldnt get balanced that I bought online and it was a huge PITA to get it taken care of. Since then I vowed to never buy tires online again.

They seem to be discontinued and no one has em in stock. If someone finds a pair in stock I'll eat my words.
I gotcha, that makes sense. I’m not 100% positive, however If they’re over a certain year old they’re not allowed to sell them I thought? Don’t quote me on that one. I know tire kingdom down here works with me for most of my tires. Not mounting them, I bring those to a custom wheel place.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
At 500w I liked the R888R on the stock rims. They hooked well enough and handled extremely well.

I now have 17x10s with 315 NT555 R2 and they do hook better but might be due to the wider track…who knows.

When I need new tires I might have to go to an ET street R or SS or equivalent. I’ll be close to 700w here soon.

jtkz13

Established Member
So after all that I decided to go with the 305/35/18 ET Street SS from Summit. I hope I dont get burned by an out of round crappy set and have to deal with shipping, but odds are they'll be OK.

I got em for $808 shipped, so total should be ~ within $75 of the R888R that weren't exactly the size I wanted. I guess the rain drop dodging continues for another couple years. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread