ET Street Radial Pro Tire Pressure

Tim Comer

Established Member
Can you lower the PSI on these tires too much? The reason I ask is, I put these on the car to get some traction at the track. I put them on, and did a quick test on the highway and then headed to the track. Set at 30 PSI, the car hooked great. Hit 2nd with a slight spin for about 25 feet. I get to the track, lower the PSI to 20. 2nd gear spin was worse. Got a [email protected] with a friend riding in the car. Went back out and the car spun worse with a [email protected]. 60 foot times were 2.0 which tells me the car as spinning off the line. Lowered to 18 PSI. Things got worse. Car spinning badly. Got out of shape one time. Aired back up and headed home. I stopped one time and hit it again. Car launched great.

Several people were complaining about track conditions. A few were telling me to lower even more, but M/T says 16 PSI is the minimum. I did lower to 17 PSI, but the car spun bad right at the start with 2.41 60 foot time with a [email protected] time. I never did try to air up as people were telling me to air down even more. Can conditions at the track actually be worse than the street?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The data shows the more you lowered them the worst it got! Keep the pressures up until the data shows otherwise!

bmoney50

Established Member
The track prep sounds horrible. I have seen the street hook better than the track before and I didn't stay long at the track. I ran my pros for the first time last weekend. I ran 18psi in them..car went 11.11 with a 1.55 60 ft.

Tim Comer

Established Member
A friend took his 4WD truck down. Said it was the first time it ever hopped because it was spinning so bad in 4wd. I just talked to him. I guess the track really was that bad. I'm a newbie at this. Just never thought the track would be worse than the street. I have a 2C converter coming in. I want that to improve 60 foot times. But if the car won't hook, that thing will be useless.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Sounds like your suspension may need some attention? I've had great results with those tires at 18 on the track, 30 on the street. Our crappiest track prep of the year nets a bit of spin out of the hole but they recover quickly.

Tim Comer

Established Member
My car is not lowered but the BMR UCA and LCAs with the Koni shocks made a huge difference in high speed stability. On the stock suspension, the car was pretty unruly at high speeds. It launches straight now. Before it would head side to side at launch. Kicked out to the drives side every time. Getting worse as the speed went up. Now, I'm just trying to get the car to hook. I had high hopes for these tires. Did great on the street. I guess the tires can't make up for a bad track. I'd love to get one good pass to see what the car can do.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Did great on the street. I guess the tires can't make up for a bad track. I'd love to get one good pass to see what the car can do.

Well that's the thing, they do make up for a bad track. Myself and a bunch of other 9 second cars were running on a marginal track a while back.. the Pros were the ONLY tire to make a clean hit, everyone else was all over the place. So I'm not sure what you have going on but don't give up on em yet.

Tim Comer

Established Member
I'm not gonna give up on them. There was a Mustang that runs low 10s. He uses the ET Street radial. He could barely get in the 10s last night because of traction. A 2013 GT 500 that could only get mid 12s. And a ZL1 Camaro that would just roast 1st gear.

Users who are viewing this thread