ESP/Touring interior Q - 2016 National SOLO Rules, 15.2-J

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
According to the referenced rule in the 2016 rulebook:

"Installation of roll cages in Street Prepared cars must follow the same standards for interior modifications to accommodate the cage installation as those that are applicable to Touring cars in Club Racing."

The car is a 1995 Mustang Cobra. Intentions for the car are SOLO events, both I and II. Obviously the safety requirement for a cage isn't a big deal in SOLO II, but it is for SOLO I. I intend to begin racing in SOLO II either this year or next year, then graduate to SOLO I after I gain familiarity with the car. I don't intend to install a full cage, but the Maximum Motorsports Sport Roll Bar MMRB-6.2 with diagonal brace. I have attempted to reference both the Touring rules and the GCR without success looking for the "standards" for Touring cars regarding interior modifications, but I can't seem to find the section or the information I'm looking for. Drawing on past experience with IT (specifically ITS with a Datsun 240Z back in the nineties), I am assuming that the interior trim can be completely deleted except for the dashboard if I am interpreting the "Installation of roll cages in Street Prepared cars must follow the same standards for interior modifications to accommodate the cage installation as those that are applicable to Touring cars in Club Racing" rule correctly.

The question: since I am installing a roll "bar" instead of a roll "cage", would I still be able to delete all interior trim from a car I intend to run in ESP? Or, would I need to install the full roll "cage" to be able to take advantage of the interior modifications allowed for the Touring cars?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread