Epic Build Thread: CPr Single Turbo + MMR Pro Mod 1500 block with extras!!

Deespeed99

Established Member
What dip drop are you speaking off? I have my wot box set at 100ms right now and I would put it against any auto. it is at 100ms because that is the quickest I can move my hand from gear to gear. You could go even lower if you want.. The only avantage an auto has is in the launch At a drag strip... After that with traction being equal the stick car should run the same as the quickest auto if not faster.

Here ill make it easy. Show me a video of you shifting with boost at 100ms....you'll answer your own question.

I do not understand why people with sticks get so butt hurt that they arent as fast as a comparable auto. Its just facts of drag racing. Its been a fact for years. I have NOTHING against sticks and miss mine but it will never compare to an auto or auto with a manual valve body.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Sure I will do it when I get home. The only dip you will see is when the boost drops to the rpm of the next gear. Remember centrifugals dont run constant boost like turbos. But on a turbo setup the 100ms you arecutting ignition should not be enough to signifficantly slow down the turbine of the turbo. Now if you hhave a car with a crap sized turbo that only makes peak boost the last 500rpm of the powerband you will loose a lot of boost going from gear to gear. But that's not the case with the turbo setups for this cars.

Torchy

Established Member
never understood why people put a turbo on a stick shift car. So boring to drive. Stick=blower

Argues that opinion = fact... lol

OP looks like you have a good combo cooking. Interested to see how it comes out.

Elwood617

Established Member
Here ill make it easy. Show me a video of you shifting with boost at 100ms....you'll answer your own question.

I do not understand why people with sticks get so butt hurt that they arent as fast as a comparable auto. Its just facts of drag racing. Its been a fact for years. I have NOTHING against sticks and miss mine but it will never compare to an auto or auto with a manual valve body.

You do realize that a Mustang is good for more that just drag racing?

rlhay2

Established Member
The only thing better than a turbocharged (or twin turbocharged) V8 is a twin turbo charged V10!!

I shall be following this build because I am very curious...

Torchy

Established Member
image.jpg

notchy444

Established Member
Wanted to give a update. Turbo build is coming along strong. Clutch just came in, Just waiting on the motor from MMR!!

IMG_2192_zps6984c2a4.jpg

Epic welding from Dustin

IMG_2198_zpsc33d1f7b.jpg

IMG_2199_zps950f7bbd.jpg

What wastegate to go with? 50 MM or 60mm?

IMG_2194_zps58e9de86.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread