Epic Build Thread: CPr Single Turbo + MMR Pro Mod 1500 block with extras!!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Final number are in on my 75mm, Shaun worked his magic and pulled some crazy power outta low PSI

813rwh/ 695 ft/lbs 10 psi

890rwh/ 800 ft/lbs 13 Psi

935rwh/ 825 ft/lbs 15.5 spi

All through my exhaust and air filter still on! This is just my test turbo setup till I figure out how the hell to put this power down! Air to water intercooler and a 84mm turbo is waiting for the auto swap!

Congrats! Cant wait till I have a built motor.

That's nuts!!! Can't wait to get my kit! Hopefully Shaun won't mind tuning another!! :rockon:

Just come over to the west coast!

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I don't know whats worse. . . waiting for our kits, or watching the other CPR cars putting down rediculous numbers! :)
Hopefully they will be done collecting unicorn tears for the turbos and get them built soon.
Congrats on the numbers, can't wait to see that beast at the track! And then full retard with the 84mm/auto. . .

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I was talking to Shaun on the phone while he was making some adjustments to your car. Super impressive numbers for such low manifold pressure. These engines are incredibly efficient and it goes to show how well they work with a well thought-out turbo system. Congrats!

Darufe

Established Member
Twin turbo guys never do work ;-)

Nice build OP, looks like it is going to be a beast. Will be awesome when all of Dustin's setups start hitting the track.

hey now i put in my hellion tt kit myself and cursed for hours on end trying to make everything fit in the limited room with the crappy relocation and instructions that come with it pffff :p

Darufe

Established Member
What rpm do you start seeing boost on the cpr single turbo? i saw one guy was building boost around 3000-3200 rpm?
and what CR did you go for on the mmr motor?
did you upgrade the valvetrain?

hows the street drivability?

And how do you like the alu flywheel? everyone keeps telling me to go for a lightened steel or itll suck on the street? (i think i can still call up lethal and swap out the flywheel as it hasnt shipped yet!!!)

thanks

Last edited:

CPRsm

Hoping he swings by to give it a try soon. He works a lot. Aluminum flywheel isn't bad. Rpms do drops harder on the shifts and does a little more work to getting going from a stop. But the engagement seems smoother than steel flywheels of the same brand. Engine is 11-1 and valve train is all stock except the MMR valve springs.

It takes 8 psi to break 500ft/lbs on the cars I've dynoed. So where it breaks that mark, is 8psi on the graphs he'll post up later. The other car hit 8psi at 3200 which was ridiculous. Slightly larger inducer on the turbine and T6 frame now slows the spool by 500rpm. Now the car coming into boost is a bit more controlled. A smaller turbine is still available for anyone who wants that craziness though lol. This is a nice balance and was still able to hit 1000rwhp yesterday under 17psi.

Darufe

Established Member
awesome! im actualy using a hellion twin atm but thats alot of pertinent info that helps me pick my next steps!
im almost sad i didnt wait and get a cpr single turbo :\
the twins start spooling at around 2k (precision 6266) wich is nice but so much plumbing and relocating of crap thats just GRRRRRRRRRRR

im debating what ill do for the block and fuel delivery. Well intake side too for that matter. So many good options out there :(

more then likely going for a pro mod 1500 block with all the goodies. Not sure if i wanna do boss heads or not. More then likely going 11-1. not sure if im gonna go 5.0 or 5.2 theres no replacement for displacement! even behind twin turbos haha :D
Not sure about intake as the stock one might do alot less flow/power but suposedly gives better low/mid power wich is something i dont want to sacrifice too much of to keep it driveable on the street. Other issue is i wanna keep a strut tower brace in there.

Any sign of the id1000s being too small for this kind of power? i currently have the id1000s in the car but was told to go over 1000hp id either want dual injectors or id2000s?

btw SICK RIDE!!! :D

CPRsm

Nah no signs of lean yet. At 1000rwhp it was still pretty rich. Going to leave the tune as is for now til we hit the track and I can check plugs before leaning it out.
I'm not sure when it builds it's first pound of boost. It goes to 0.0 the second you hit it even at 2k. Shouldn't be long after that for 1psi.
We'll get the training wheels on it and go play here pretty soon. He's looking for rims since the ones he wanted are still on back order.

Darufe

Established Member
Keep up the good work!
i miss my car even more now lol
Thats some pretty awesome numbers and quick spooling specialy for a big single! very clean kit.

rims+tires+BRAKES will be a must as i found out quickly myself the first time i got into boost LOL

notchy444

Established Member
Yeah waiting on tires and rims sucks!!!! I wanted to hit the track this weekend! Cant wait to try and drive this thing, Ill bring a change of pants for my first test drive hahahah. Also sorry for the delayed post of the charts im always at work. Gotta make that Turbo funds!

This is the 3 runs 10 psi then 13.5 psi then 15.5 psi all with exhaust and air filter on!

3runs_zps130dc2d8.png

This is a comparison of my AED tuned Paxton 2200sl with the 3.33 pulley and wastegated to 10ish psi. The following overlay is my new 75mm AED tuned CPR setup running 10 psi. No more need for the "I wish I had a turbo mod"! :banana:

turbovstorquebooster_zps6d21706d.png

notchy444

Established Member
Was looking at the SVE drag wheels 17 inch up front and 15x10 for the back. Tires are 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson Pro's. Should be able to hold the power on the strip but on the street i donno hahaha. Suspention setup from BMR is coming up soon.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member

That is a great comparison. It flat out destroys the centrifugal at equal boost levels. 10 psi comes a lot sooner and holds the power curve nicely. And more power is a few buttons away on the controller. Once you're going though the gears, it's over. Not to mention having the right converter and a transbrake if this is in an auto car. Can't wait to get started with mine.

notchy444

Established Member
I've gotta ask, on your Paxton setup, was that on E, or pump?

The Paxton setup I'm comparing to was my old setup before the turbo, both are on e85 with the same fuel system, same tuner, same dyno, same car :) only difference is heavier engine components (1500 mmr pro mod block) 2 clutches,and a carbon fiber drive shaft. The Paxton was also with a 3.33 pulley waste gated to 10lbs trying to get more tourqe and mid range. If I overlay the 3.8 pulley it will be even worse lol

Users who are viewing this thread