• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

EPA to Start Aggressively Enforcing Emission Defeat Devices

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by 7998, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Zircon Encrusted Tweezers Established Member

When I first contacted Katech in Detroit to have a Stage 2 package performed on my C6ZO6 I asked them what it would cost to have the stock exhaust replaced with a set of long tubes and a catted mid-pipe while they had the car. I was informed they do not install any exhaust parts at their facility. They stated they get visited by the EPA occasionally and if they were caught installing aftermarket exhaust parts they would be heavily fined and could possibly lose their license to do business. So I had a local shop do my exhaust install. :p

U.M.

Need 04 Wine likes this.
  2. Makobra

Makobra Well-Known Member Established Member

no, you don't get it. it ain't cuz 'murica it can't happen.

its cuz 'murica we WON'T LET it happen.

big difference.

citation: virginia right now.

3. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

Well what happened to california..? All I see is people fleeing and "losing their guns in boating accidents"

me32 and 03Sssnake like this.
  4. 1996slowbra

1996slowbra Active Member Established Member

People move here for a while, make a metric ****ton of money and then move to other cities and drive their housing prices through the roof.

me32 likes this.
  5. Makobra

cowards and gullible fools let their state run their lives into the ground.
    in virginia they are going apeshit over some gun laws.

you can't pull that everywhere.

lexustech48 likes this.
  6. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm sorry but you must live in a small bubble. Look at Virginia, it is now a blue state because the left imports voters and is continuing to import more. Ted Cruz almost lost to Beto in Texas. They are resettling refugees in red states to change the demographics.
    Pay attention. What are the radicals like Obama doing. They going around teaching the left how to gerrymander & force change demographically while the public waits on another meaningless investigation to bear fruit. (Durham, IG, Barr, etc.)

As for Virginia, mark my words. A few people will make a stand and push back but the leftist will ask for 20 things and settle for 5 and the right will run around circle jerking each other claiming victory while yet another 5 new laws were passed. The left isn't as stupid as everyone thinks. It's death by a thousand cuts and they are patient.

7. Dirks9901

Dirks9901 Paint>Vinyl Established Member

Katech is top notch shop.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake likes this.
  8. Dirks9901

Pretty much blows ass that my 2 favorite hobbies (cars and guns) are under attack for bullshit reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1 and 03Sssnake like this.
  9. Dirks9901

Pretty much blows ass that my 2 favorite hobbies (cars and guns) are under attack for bullshit reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

10. Makobra

maybe or maybe this is when it goes too far and its when a war kicks off. or maybe the counties that are pro liberty leave virginia for west virginia.

lots of ways this can play out but one thing is certain: you push people too far and people will push back. that's the point.

11. blk02edge

Lets not forget that guns are 1000% more important than cars and written into the 2A. Cars are already in the process of becoming what you think wont happen. Sorry to be a negative Nancy but fact is, all of us are on borrowed time with our car hobby.

BOOGIE MAN likes this.
  12. Makobra

"the government will take all our rights might as well get used to it"

you get used to it all you want while the rest of us will fight.

13. Deceptive

Deceptive Brad's Spirit Donkey Premium Member Established Member

Lead the charge General Makobra

No IT equipment was stolen in the making of this comment.

14. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

No. But if you really want to fight, knock on doors, open your wallet. The battle of facebook is of no consequence. It's great that people are organizing and making a stand but it takes more than that. You have to get involved locally, school board, town council, etc.
    All politicians are whores and donations & votes are their currency.

BOOGIE MAN and kazman like this.
  15. Makobra

I've been fighting for years. I wish everyone would saddle up.

16. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

Can counties even secede from a state?

17. Makobra

I think that's how kentucky came into being actually.

"The District of Kentucky: Fayette, Jefferson, and Lincoln (all formerly part of Kentucky County) sought on numerous occasions to split from Virginia, beginning in the 1780s. Ten constitutional conventions were held in the Constitution Square Courthouse in Danville between 1784 and 1792. In 1790, Kentucky's delegates accepted Virginia's terms of separation, and a state constitution was drafted at the final convention in April 1792. The Virginia General Assembly adopted legislation on December 18, 1789, separating its "District of Kentucky" from the rest of the State and approving its statehood.[43] Kentucky became the 15th state in the Union on June 1, 1792.[92]"

List of U.S. state partition proposals - Wikipedia

most means of fighting do not involve needing to kill people.

BOOGIE MAN and lexustech48 like this.
  18. blk02edge

I don't think you understand what Im saying. I in no way think anyone should just let it happen. But practically everyone is. Just look at the shape of certain states. Long ago should there have been a stand.

Its a lot easier to talk tough than actually do it. In reality if they were, the R's that fled cali should have stayed put, continued exercising the 2A and fired back when challenged. As soon as you play hide the gun and run you've lost. That's cold hard fact.

And now, back to cars.. Just ****ing lol if you think people are going to stand up to that. There's no constitutional law preventing the government from doing whatever they feel necessary. Driving in itself is not a right

03Sssnake, BOOGIE MAN and Deceptive like this.
  19. Makobra

MOST of fighting is simply resistance to shitty ideas. if people resisted the NFA and the countless other infringements on our daily lives instead of taking the bait of "its for safety" which buried the hook of tyranny in their bellies then we would be much better off.

you resist this EPA bullshit by speaking out, voting out, and resisting implementation. and this shit can be resisted with TIN FOIL because all of you bike shedders that think this is in any way not a completely damn near impossible logistical/economic nightmare have NO idea what you're talking about.

"but hey back to cars oh and by the way here's the stuff we've given up on"

no. that will not do.

uhm... yeah cause thats sort of the ENTIRE POINT of the consitution. it is a cage for government.

Travel is a constitutional right. The means of travel in this modern age is a car.
    Speech is a constitutional right. The means of speech in this modern age is internet.

Does that mean the government owes me a car or a computer? NO!
    Does that mean the government should leave me alone if I'm not posing a threat? YES.

20. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

WV would welcome the added population. It has been shrinking for the last 40 years.