Enlighten me Lethal Performance

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I surf looking for BOGO sales on blowers. (Hasn't happened yet, ever). Something stood out to me as peculiar last night.

LP now requires a VIN# to complete a transaction for a GT500 3.4L Whipple kit?
At the top of the item page goes on to say its for "closed course competition, etc" However, contradictory in the fine print, it says "50 state emissions legal"

Contradictory info is one thing; why the need for a VIN? And what is the life cycle of that VIN when purchase is made?

The 3.4 Whipple kit is the only blower / kit that requires a VIN# on their website

Whipple.com is not requiring any of this information.

And for the 03/04 Cobra guys, good news, the 2.3L & 2.9 Whipple (on Whipples site), are still 50 state legal with a CARB number if you run the STOCK TUNE and just do the blower swap.

@Jake@Lethal
@Tom@Lethal

51054840878_8d7067419d_b.jpg

51055569271_b34feed458_b.jpg

51054840938_655b8acd70_b.jpg

Attachments

• 51054840878_8d7067419d_b.jpg
    51054840878_8d7067419d_b.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 51055569271_b34feed458_b.jpg
    51055569271_b34feed458_b.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 51054840938_655b8acd70_b.jpg
    51054840938_655b8acd70_b.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its simple, they probably got a visit from the EPA boogey man. You want this shit, you gotta be put on a list so the EPA can more easily come knock on your door.

And just like that, the modern golden era of performance is over

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Put in a fake VIN, or pull one off an eBay for sale ad.

I would imagine the EPA policy on deliberate deception would be, unpleasant. Every indication I see is that the EPA is changing the game, and we don't know what the end state is yet. The only thing we know for sure is that the D base is batshit crazy.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Like YDBT said, if you are a car guy and voted Biden, drink bleach.

This. This all ****ing day.

And before any of the dipshits here say that “it was happening under Trump too” ....yeah no shit.

But that administration would of at least heard the concerns from the aftermarket industry when pushed. That sector generates over 4 million jobs and billions of dollars. China “I can’t walk up the ****ing stairs” Biden won’t cause “Durrr the planet is on FIreeee”

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This. This all ****ing day.

And before any of the dipshits here say that “it was happening under Trump too” ....yeah no shit.

But that administration would of at least heard the concerns from the aftermarket industry when pushed. That sector generates over 4 million jobs and billions of dollars. China “I can’t walk up the ****ing stairs” Biden won’t cause “Durrr the planet is on FIreeee”

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Its readily apparent that China Joe is NOT in control of the office of the Presidency. Theres not a leader in the world that will have any respect for his weak ass.

Id bet that all of his "aides" are really behind the string pulling going on.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
[QUOTE="RedVenom48, post: 16595460, member: 166576"And just like that, the modern golden era of performance is over[/QUOTE]

nonsense. hotrodding is born from defiance to the federal commie bullshit. you wanna fix this? start pushing back at every level from this forum to your vote on election day. the culture of marxist tyranny has permeated every aspect of your life and because you'd rather go along to get along this infection only spreads.

start killing it or start accepting your fate but quit just bitching about it while everything decays around you if you want something to halt or change.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Since it's a carb legal blower and it comes with a Whipple Calibration, they probably need your vin for the tune they send with the blower.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
="Makobra, post: 16595817, member: 193575"]
="RedVenom48, post: 16595460, member: 166576"And just like that, the modern golden era of performance is over

nonsense. hotrodding is born from defiance to the federal commie bullshit. you wanna fix this? start pushing back at every level from this forum to your vote on election day. the culture of marxist tyranny has permeated every aspect of your life and because you'd rather go along to get along this infection only spreads.

start killing it or start accepting your fate but quit just bitching about it while everything decays around you if you want something to halt or change.
Voted for Trump and straight R down ballot, emailed my Senators and Representative numerous times. Unless youre ready to shoulder a rifle next to me and the Rebel Army, Im not sure what the hell else you expect me or any average citizen to do.

Side note: Do you think its smart or not to talk about ways we may have found to get around this Draconian bullshit on a public forum? Just ask the idiot coal rollers and VW that shone this spotlight on us....

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought that too before I posted up. Then why again, is that the only kit that requires a vin? The 3.0L kit doesnt

Maybe Lethal will check in when the doors open Monday

Since it's a carb legal blower and it comes with a Whipple Calibration, they probably need your vin for the tune they send with the blower.

Last edited:

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Voted for Trump and straight R down ballot, emailed my Senators and Representative numerous times. Unless youre ready to shoulder a rifle next to me and the Rebel Army, Im not sure what the hell else you expect me or any average citizen to do.

the war i'm talking about starts long before the ballot box and its been waged for decades and decades. marxist ideas permeate our culture and instead of our government fearing us, as they ought, our entire society is soaked in cancel culture ready to string up anyone for whatever the new heresy is this week. you think that's coincidence? its all by design dude. this epa bullshit is just one more log in the fire. more government overreach but you miss the defacto social-government that has robbed you of your first amendment. even this forum is guilty of that. its everywhere.

Side note: Do you think its smart or not to talk about ways we may have found to get around this Draconian bullshit on a public forum? Just ask the idiot coal rollers and VW that shone this spotlight on us....

information is always good. we should share ways to subvert and exhaust the alphabet squadrons as much as possible.

hypocrites are not nearly as clever as they think themselves to be.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would expect them to need the #'s off the PCM to match the tune to the car ??
...................( that's what FRPP needed for their blower kits. )

Users who are viewing this thread