Engine won't start until fuel pressure comes up..... advice needed

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The downside to those check valves is they never relieve the pressure. If you cycle the key a couple times for whatever reason without starting the engine it'll just keep building pressure.

Or just turn the key on and give it a couple seconds to prime before cranking.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Well I added a DeatschWerks check valve just before the Fuel Pressure Regulator and no real change. The FPR is a new Aeromotive unit so that shouldn't be losing pressure. It is losing pressure then somewhere between the check valve and the injectors because it doesn't even fire immediately and then die as some predicted. What else could be bleeding off pressure between the check valve and the injectors?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Or maybe as soon as you start to crank the pressure still goes off a cliff immediately. I’d look at the pressure while trying to start it if you have a gauge on there

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I added the DW check valve behind the FPR and no change. I am thinking then it must be injectors. I want to replace them but they are discontinued. Any suggestions for aftermarket substitute. Thanks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I added the DW check valve behind the FPR and no change. I am thinking then it must be injectors. I want to replace them but they are discontinued. Any suggestions for aftermarket substitute. Thanks.
1) you can have the injectors tested and cleaned pretty reasonably
2) where is the fpr in your setup?

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I added the check valve on the inlet side of the fuel pressure regulator.
I did see a place called injector planet that will rebuild the injectors. Maybe that is the way to go. Thanks

Last edited:

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Has anyone used injector planet for rebuild or purchase of their remanufactured injectors. They do a full rebuild and flow match.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone used injector planet for rebuild or purchase of their remanufactured injectors. They do a full rebuild and flow match.
probably get better results with a new thread asking where to have injectors tested (or search for previous threads)

Users who are viewing this thread