Engine temp?

crunkstang1214

Established Member
I did a search but i could not find what i needed. my temp runs around 180 when driving and creeps up to 210 when in traffic. I just want to know if this sounds normal. The engine is stock, no pulley or cooling mods. I dont have a tuner or i would change the fan settings. plus my temp senser is in the drivers side of the block if thats helps. thanks

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Yep...you are dead on...I have a tune and my fan settings come on earlier...on idle I usually see around 200 unless it is hot outside and I'm sitting a wihle I can hit 210...I too have the temp probe in the driver's side block...

sonic cobra

Established Member
I find the temps from the drivers side of block run 10 to 15 degrees higher than the Celsius conversion from the ODO gauge and seems much less sensitive to small changes

crunkstang1214

Established Member
ok thanks guys, that makes me feel better. I guess i'm just a little paranoid. I found out that some people have it in the cross over tube. is it more acurate in the cross over?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I find the temps from the drivers side of block run 10 to 15 degrees higher than the Celsius conversion from the ODO gauge and seems much less sensitive to small changes

Aftermarket guage in drivers side of the block.SCT using the factory sensor.Pretty darn close!
Idleing
010-3.gif

Driving
008-4.gif

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Great pics Brad...I'm glad mine's in the block! It's a cleaner setup FTW, and less likely to leak...

Users who are viewing this thread