Engine life expectancy and Mods....?

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
Robert; I think a catback is legal to do, any thing else before the cat back is illegal, like for example my bassani X pipe with cats is illegal if the smog shop know what the hell they are doing. The KB is not CARB but is ARB for other states but not California. Yes any smog shop can give me a hard time because of those mods, but I still have a few years to think about that. Also I feel 100% sure that my car will pass the sniffer test with all the mods.;-)

Ruben,

the executive order from the CARB approving the KB S/C is
EO: D-271-13
EO Date: 5/7/2003
Manufacturer Name: Kenne Bell, Inc.
Device: TS Series Supercharger
Device Type: Supercharger System

The installation is approved for up to 8 PSI boost.

You can find this data at CARB and enter the EO # above

J

stang99

NO! The KB is NOT legal. We can't have one in California. Too bad, but that is one mod that is out of the question. Do not believe 03_Sonic Blur. He is evil.

Pyro

Established Member
Any car CAN and WILL break down. Who ever has the most fun before it breaks down is the winner. IMO, the 03 Cobra is far cheaper to fix than any other performance car in its league. If you dont want a car to break down, then get a Honda and rice it out with bling bling mods only...oh, but that would make you a ricer. You cant win!

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Ruben,

the executive order from the CARB approving the KB S/C is
EO: D-271-13
EO Date: 5/7/2003
Manufacturer Name: Kenne Bell, Inc.
Device: TS Series Supercharger
Device Type: Supercharger System

The installation is approved for up to 8 PSI boost.

You can find this data at CARB and enter the EO # above

J

If that is the case I fell so much better. The stamp on my KB said ARB.
Thanks

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Ruben, if you have the stock cats, and put the 8 LB pulley on, and the stock tune, you should be able to breeze through smog.

17 PSI is definetly verboten for smog. But I can't see it blowing the sniffer test. What are they gonna do, measure your pulley and do some math? Install a boost gauge?

I don't think so

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
17 PSI is definetly verboten for smog. But I can't see it blowing the sniffer test. What are they gonna do, measure your pulley and do some math? Install a boost gauge?

I don't think so

it's been awhile since i've had to smog a car - how do they do it nowadays? i definitely don't think they'll bother asking you what size pulley you have and if it's non-standard. but who knows? :shrug:

CobraRLC

Established Member
I just had one last December. They throw you on a dyno and stuff the sniffer in the exhaust. There is a visual inspection of the engine, gas cap, etc. During the dyno run, they run you car thru a certain rpm and mph range for a 45 second duration. Starting from a roll to 40 to 45 mph....... Cali liberials suck........

Users who are viewing this thread