engine install question

SVT Lightning2003

hey all,
i am replacing the original 5.4 with a new 5.4 mod 1500 long block from mmr. its sitting on a palette in my garage. i stripped the old block down to the same state as the new one and when i remove it i just need to swap a few pieces. now my question:
is it possible to place the long tube headers on the new one before i install it, as doing up the grade8 bolts with the lock retainers and c clips were a total pain to remove. will the block with the headers slide nicely onto place, drop on the new motor mounts and be problem free? lol

VendettaMotorsAZ

I have a 2002 harley edition but from what i hear basically the same. im not sure because i got my headers after i installed the new motor but before the first start up. I can tell you they are very easy to install after the long block is in just remove the passenger side fender well. with ethe stage 8 kit it wont be bad at all. so dont worry if you cant put the motor in with the LT's on, what headers did you go with ? i got OBX with the bassanii cat back it sounds incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread