engine displacement vs supercharger

4v_mach1

Established Member
Hey guys I just want to know if the engine displacement adds up with the supercharger L for example a: 4.6L + 2.2L KB would = 6.8L total? Or is the 2.2L KB just calculated by it's own size and the engine displacement is calculated by it's own size?

My point is some guy was trying to explain to me how a LS3 Vette is a 6.2L and the KB cobra is considered a 6.8L due to the size of the engine and the size of the supercharger and that the cobra has a bigger advantage. I'm honestly clueless myself I hope this all makes sense. :??:

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
I tried that. Doesn't work. It's a FI 4.6 bro. It's fun for bullshitting in an argument though.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think there is a formula for "determining new cubic inches with a blower." I was reading a street rodding magazine where they were talking about mcculloch superchargers from the 30's in that article they mentioned engine A had 2XX cubic inches and 7.X compression ratio before supercharging. After the supercharger the engine was equal to a 3XX cubic inch engine with a 8.X compression ratio.

It was an interesting read but in the end who cares, its all about who is faster.

ttk53

Established Member
If you want to talk like that for every 14.7 psi of boost you "double" the engines size.

or

Run what you brung and hope you brung enough

Quick Strike

Established Member
Sounds more like sour grapes from a guy that had his A handed to him by a little 281CI engine.

racebronco2

Established Member
I did read a while back in a class of drag racing that if you used a blower/turbo it would add 50% more cubes when figuring cubic inches to weight ratio. Of course with the leaps and bounds that have been made in the last 10 years it would not be valid anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread