Engine CARNAGE...#8... 5L KryPoNITE

redline

Established Member
:lol: thong underwear would be my guess -

F'ing crybaby bull shit throwers, who go and over tune their cars and cry when they blow up. Have you seen a post from anyone having this problem that hasn't put a T U N E in their car? Let's see/hear it?

Then these infants want Ford to give them a new motor under warranty so they can go and do it again. :nono: Go visit the F'ing tuner a**h*** with a baseball bat - that put the tune in and get your new motor from him.

I subscribed to this thread thinking it was a problem with the stock Ford motor - then all I'm reading is one idiot after another with a tune in who blew up their engine -

YOU PLAY - YOU PAY

allright this has spirled into some stuff. this thread wasnt about crying about anything heck i have a HCI forged bottom end motor on the way. it was simply to state some fact and get stuff out there and there are more than people think but i'll get to why your not seeing them in a moment.
facts

1 Ford said there is a knock sensor problem...ie not a guess
2 my car was not over tuned for proof watch the posted vid in this thread of what a all stock car does as far as AF.
3 this has happened with many diff tuners tunes and some touch by the hand of God tuners as some on here think.
4 has happened to a stock car
5 The reason you dont see many... Of the Motors that ford has replaced some have been made to agree not to talk about or post any info of there motor failures in return for a new motor ( i have talk to some is how i know this). why would ford wanna hide it if it was only one guy or if theres no problem
6 not that big of a deal.. ok so why can i name one shop that has 2 at the same time right now sitting in there with no number 8. oh and one of those cars has one of the same vary popular tuner's tunes (will try to give them the same courtesy of being unnamed as i dont think this is solely a tune issue) that many of you have on your own car. there are many more this is just s good example

does your car have long tubes on it?

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Funny thing is, the dealer i work at probably would fix it the first time no question asked. Just a warning. People come in with an attitude, thinking they know more than a ford engineer. Then they demand shit they read off the internet. Id say 95% of the time nothing is wrong with cars. Your reading a story on the internet which probably isnt a 100% true.

Just dont come in with a supercharger bracket hanging off the motor. then want a free motor. Use common sense.

your right this story isnt 100% true thats not even a ford piston it came out of a LS1:rollseyes:loser: I work with mustangs every day why would i want to tarnish them for no reason:loser:

and to anwser guy about putting back stock it was sone so the dealer wouldnt kick it for unrealated mods...unless they wanna admit a 5L cant handle some bolt ons

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Has anybody been able to establish how many drive cycles it takes to be acceptable??

i think if u drive 10 miles between 50-55 it resets. I know we have a tool that plugs into the OBD II port. It will beep when the computer/readiness code is reset. Maybe google it and find the tool.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

With all the motors I have built and fixed over the years this doesn't look like detonation to me. I would have to agree it looks like you got a bad pistion theres always one bad egg out of the bunch.
As for all these rumors starting about these cars having motor issue's need to STOP. It's usually all the guys that don't know there ass from a hole in the wall that start this shit. You know the guy that can't fix himself a sandwich! This is how false info starts.
My advice to someone that buys a new car is to drive it real hard as soon as you buy it. Every mustangs I ever bought I took it right on the highway. I push the car up and down the road as hard and as fast as it will go if it doesn't explode or break your good to go. The best running motors are ran hard from the start.
Back in June something of 2002 I picked my ordered 03 cobra up from Ford. I took the car up and down 95 as fast as it would go. I must have made 8-10 pulls up to 120mph. You know the day I sold it it still had the original never opened motor in it running 20lbs of KB boost and a 50 shot of spray! I believe in a hard break in no pussy footen around.

This is really odd. If the ECU is doing it's job then this shouldn't happen. The A/F looks fine. I would shoot for around 12.8 down low and taper to 12.5-12.6 if I was doing it, and this tune doesn't seem far off of that. Hopefully some sort of complete explanation will come to light soon. At first glance if I didn't know about potential tuning issues or the knock sensors not functioning correctly I would just chalk it up to piston failure due to craftsmanship or ring issues based on the photos alone. I mean, the piston looks broken between the ring lands vs melted. Not that detonation will not cause this, but it just seems suspect. What is the PTWC on these? Does anyone know?

-Jeff

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
With all the motors I have built and fixed over the years this doesn't look like detonation to me. I would have to agree it looks like you got a bad pistion theres always one bad egg out of the bunch.
As for all these rumors starting about these cars having motor issue's need to STOP. It's usually all the guys that don't know there ass from a hole in the wall that start this shit. You know the guy that can't fix himself a sandwich! This is how false info starts.
My advice to someone that buys a new car is to drive it real hard as soon as you buy it. Every mustangs I ever bought I took it right on the highway. I push the car up and down the road as hard and as fast as it will go if it doesn't explode or break your good to go. The best running motors are ran hard from the start.
Back in June something of 2002 I picked my ordered 03 cobra up from Ford. I took the car up and down 95 as fast as it would go. I must have made 8-10 pulls up to 120mph. You know the day I sold it it still had the original never opened motor in it running 20lbs of KB boost and a 50 shot of spray! I believe in a hard break in no pussy footen around.

Thats my philosophy too. When I got my 2011, I ran it hard just the same. It's a May 2011 build too. No knocks, no noises, just runs like a raped ape. Only problem is the shifter when its cold, otherwise it shifts like butter. The clutch did stick to the floor at 7k rpms once under 1000 miles but hasn't done it since.

bustednuts

Established Member
your right this story isnt 100% true thats not even a ford piston it came out of a LS1:rollseyes:loser: I work with mustangs every day why would i want to tarnish them for no reason:loser:

and to anwser guy about putting back stock it was sone so the dealer wouldnt kick it for unrealated mods...unless they wanna admit a 5L cant handle some bolt ons

I'm happy to see others that are sick of the liars and BS artists coming in here starting shit, making up stories and running them around.

As far as being a newb I have been a member since 2003 when I bought my lightening after I sold it I stopped posting and couldn't remember my log in as I have changed computers probably five times since, so I had to register again - to those that don't like my posts you can KMA - and I'm NOT GOING AWAY!!!

I say what I mean and I mean what I say, no holding back, no made up stories, no lies. Honestly, I think half the members here are trolls from the Camaro forums trying to start shit:pepper:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Thats my philosophy too. When I got my 2011, I ran it hard just the same. It's a May 2011 build too. No knocks, no noises, just runs like a raped ape. Only problem is the shifter when its cold, otherwise it shifts like butter. The clutch did stick to the floor at 7k rpms once under 1000 miles but hasn't done it since.

I just had my clutch stick to the floor tonight and freaked the **** out!! Mine has 1,100 on it. Have you noticed any whining in your trans, or a sporadic clunk(almost like a trans mount)? Trying to figure out if its worth taking into the dealership and bitching..

jbur074

Established Member
I just had my clutch stick to the floor tonight and freaked the **** out!! Mine has 1,100 on it. Have you noticed any whining in your trans, or a sporadic clunk(almost like a trans mount)? Trying to figure out if its worth taking into the dealership and bitching..

i have heard all of them whine, mine whines between 2-3k every gear but 6th apparently its normal. someone asked me today if i had a supercharger. lol

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
as for the lund tune, i wasnt and still am not happy with my Cam tune.
I love my tune. Drives exactly like my brother's bigass cammed T/A :) The only time I think about it are when creeping through a parking lot looking for a space, and that's an issue for all oldschool large cams.
Makes me worry now. I myself am not happy with the cam lund tune aswel to much back fire
The popping is the car dumping more fuel at lower rpms than it used to, that's the nature of the beast. It's not real "backfire" though, I thought mine was, but it's just popping. I heard a car actually backfire, thank God my car doesn't sound like that, lol. Jon's tune is awesome, and the car runs great. Tell me your car doesn't pull harder than ever in every single gear 'til redline. What else do you want the tune to do?

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
5 The reason you dont see many... Of the Motors that ford has replaced some have been made to agree not to talk about or post any info of there motor failures in return for a new motor ( i have talk to some is how i know this). why would ford wanna hide it if it was only one guy or if theres no problem

LMAO! You can't be serious. FORD is not involved in some kind of government coverup to censor people "or else". They have no right to tell me what I can or cannot say to anyone, nor censor what I put on the internet. There is no way they could trace posts back to me...within reason (I know there are computer forensics but seriously, that's for anti terrorism stuff, but this bull.)

Ford: Hey, we know our motor messed up, but we'll give you a new motor if you don't say anything.
Stang owner: Oh ok, it'll be our little secret.

:lol:

You probably forward those emails that say after the 10th one you'll get some sort of coupon. :dw:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
LMAO! You can't be serious. FORD is not involved in some kind of government coverup to censor people "or else". They have no right to tell me what I can or cannot say to anyone, nor censor what I put on the internet. There is no way they could trace posts back to me...within reason (I know there are computer forensics but seriously, that's for anti terrorism stuff, but this bull.)

Ford: Hey, we know our motor messed up, but we'll give you a new motor if you don't say anything.

You probably forward those emails that say after the 10th one you'll get some sort of coupon. :dw:

How about it. Honestly SVTperformance is the best site. i got banned from the mustang source for saying people must be fairys not to be able to shift these new 6 speeds. mine shifts fine. Shifts like every other Gt mustang i ever had. rough lol. i would be worried if it shifted like a lexus.

If ford was smart they would buy out some of these site's that wanna look cool mustang owners go on. Not true mustang enthusiast.

I hope this guy gets his motor fixed. sucks it happen.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Shadowstang, I can't imagine you would ever be banned from a site. You offer such constructive posts.

1Quick4.6

Established Member

believe it or not its true ...but i guess your the type that will believe anything a big company tells ya about there product

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Also Google '2011 mustang cylinder 8 misfire' and you're going to see it's not one bad motor at all.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...eering-p0308-code-other-crap-suggestions.html

I did exactly that for myself. No matter what search terms I come up with, I find only three threads pertaining to this. The two here (this one and the one you cite above) and a thread on modular fords where you posted (or someone with same sig) about a ford tech saying they having a problem with this, even when most of the thread is about another issue.

I was leery at first but after my own searches, I think, also, that this is not a huge problem, just exacerbated by Internet screamers. People, before you believe or disbelieve anyone, do your own research. You may be surprised what you find.

If there was a huge problem, things would show up. People who aren't on mustang boards would be asking in google, etc. ford wouldnt tell an honest owner of an unmodded car that he has to keep his mouth shut to get a new motor. Thats akin to extortion. I dunno about yours but my warranty isn't hinged upon any silence agreement. People would talk, people would post and in today's age it can be found. Unfortunately, due to human nature, small issues look larger. Of the hundreds of thousands of mustangs, nearly no one signs up to sing praises. But one guy with a blown motor, denied warranty and an attitude will go sign up on 10 boards or post on 10 he's a member of, abbot how bad the motors are or how bad his treatment is.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I did exactly that for myself. No matter what search terms I come up with, I find only three threads pertaining to this. The two here (this one and the one you cite above) and a thread on modular fords where you posted (or someone with same sig) about a ford tech saying they having a problem with this, even when most of the thread is about another issue.

I was leery at first but after my own searches, I think, also, that this is not a huge problem, just exacerbated by Internet screamers. People, before you believe or disbelieve anyone, do your own research. You may be surprised what you find.

If there was a huge problem, things would show up. People who aren't on mustang boards would be asking in google, etc. ford wouldnt tell an honest owner of an unmodded car that he has to keep his mouth shut to get a new motor. Thats akin to extortion. I dunno about yours but my warranty isn't hinged upon any silence agreement. People would talk, people would post and in today's age it can be found. Unfortunately, due to human nature, small issues look larger. Of the hundreds of thousands of mustangs, nearly no one signs up to sing praises. But one guy with a blown motor, denied warranty and an attitude will go sign up on 10 boards or post on 10 he's a member of, abbot how bad the motors are or how bad his treatment is.

They didnt tell someone with an in modded car to keep it shut. Reread internet warrior

Users who are viewing this thread