Engine bar

termcobra281

Established Member
Hey everyone about to start swamping in a k member, looking for best placement with a engine bar brace to run the chains? Anyone that has done this what was your experience.. thanks

MG0h3

Established Member
There are bolt holes in the front of the drivers head and rear of the pass head. Cant recall if it's right above the exhaust port or kind of in front. Seeing the drivers side is easier. Pretty sure that's where the engine lift brackets would go if we had them. Good size bolt around 1/2 or 5/8 I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
Leave trans installed, I used the 2 bolts that hold the front coolant crossover. Put nuts and washers on those studs and tightened them up. Used cardboard and rags on the pipe to not scratch it.

With the trans mount installed, it does not take too much to hold the engine in place. If leaving it over night, I put a jack stand and a 2x4 under the front bolt lip of the oil pan for added safety.

termcobra281

Established Member
Sounds good I do have the intake off and and cross over is off most everything is exposed so I should have plenty of room to run extra chains and braces

Users who are viewing this thread