End of an era for me boys...

Established Member
Wow, I sold my 65 F100 yesterday as well, kind of sad watching it drive away but the new owner had a fresh excitement about him that I had lost. Got up this morning and right back to the garage to finish a few details on the cobra R, with some of that newfound excitement. Go piddle with the Nova for a while, it helps.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats OP!!

Whether anyone likes to admit or not, but people change. We are mostly car guys here and the cars are not an "appliance" as most people consider them. They are a lifestyle and an expression.
Good luck going forward and don't be a stranger bro.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Congrats

gt500 was also my dream car… but honestly… after owning one that dream went away real quick

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
A lot of emotion in there. Something only a true car enthusiast can convey, and understand. I get it.
I got choked up a little saying goodbye when it was just me and the car before I handed over the keys. Today, I can say that it was absolutely the correct decision. I found an offer sheet I got from Carvana that I requested last year. It was for 8K less than what I got yesterday from Carmax. By all rights, my car should have been worth 10k lower than what I got for it. But hey, I guess Corona and this chip shortage worked in my favor.

congrats man. things change. cars come and go. but here, we are family and friends. THAT will never change. It sounds like you really enjoyed the car. There is always another opportunity.
Absolutely, even if I own nothing but Chevys and Dodges Id still be here. We actually got my wife a 2007 Mustang GT convertible a few months ago that she loves. So it wasnt as abrupt a change as I thought it might be lol.

The car was a fun car, but too many small quirks that I didnt like. That and I learned A LOT about going fast in cars. If I had bought a 2014 Mustang GT with the automatic, it might still be in the garage witha monster Vortech centri on it lol.

Damn you actually sold her. It was good meeting you when I picked up the whipple mono blade. And I understand the frustrations with GT500s, they definitely have there issues. Hopefully my 5.8 will be back soon from JDM engineering. Maybe we'll meet up again and I'll give you a ride.
It would be an honor to get a ride in that monster of yours! You're in excellent hands with JDM! I may have some parts listing soon that I completely forgot that I had purchased. Ill send you a PM when I fish em all out.

Just sold my Mustang yesterday and getting a new Truck also. It's just the here and now man. Next year...few years...you just may get the itch again. Maybe we both will. Definitely don't run off ;)
I told my wife that someday I wouldnt mind a 13-14 Mustang GT Auto. If I ever inherit my father's 2014 GT (that I originally ourchased new) Id auto swap it and be a happy camper lol.

Your words speak for most of us.

Totally understand life's turns and twists, and this is one of them. A new chapter with a fresh future. Whatever to do going forward, vehicle wise, I hope it's as well filled with fond memories.

I hope so! Ive got something potentially huge in the works, and I wont be blowing all the cash I got for my GT500. If it happens, Ill never ever bitch about another deal or car again!

I call for a ban until you get another car.
You forgot to add Phaggot in that statement. Jesus Christ, are standards SLIPPING here! Thats it, cant leave yet. God's work to be done and such. :D

can’t put a price on speed, it’s a black hole. My current ride is lightly modded. I’ve been down the highly modded road, more than once. Keep saying I’m done, maybe like you’ve said (now that I’m a bit older) I am learning ;)

But I think it’s awesome that @RedVenom48 wants a classic and to make it with power!

If I can make it happen, my next fun car will be a Big Block 454 on nitrous. Or I might play with an Ebay turbo kit because #boost. lol either way, Im totally content with SIMPLE but brute American muscle. I really thought about looking for a classic Mustang and stuffing in a 460, but there is only 1 classic muscle car thats captured my heart since I was in Jr High.

Bought and sold quite a few cars. The good thing is most of them are easily replaceable. I've had three Hellcats because I've thought there were other cars out there I wanted more. Every time I've sold a car I've found a good deal on another one a short time later. I agree that enjoying them fairly stock is the way to go unless it's something you plan on keeping for a really long time.
Next one will hopefully be with me till Im old and gray.

That sucks you had so many issues with your GT500. Which tuner were you dealing with? It would be good to know so we can avoid them.

And like everyone said, you will be back haha
Its a well known tuner in the Mustang world. Id prefer not to name them openly as I have no real beef with them. BUT they have a new policy where I as an existing customer have to "buy back in" for services from them, and thats just for minor revisions to my existing tunes. $500 for ethanol or race fuel tuning, and $500 more for a non stock power adder (or upgraded blower). On top of needing to buy an HP tuners interface as they no longer support SCT.

Add to it that they have a list of parts that they have "vetted" and will only tune for them. Pretty much they tell you what combo they will tune and you buy it. Then you pay them for tuning. Its very efficient for them and its their business, and certainly they arent the only option out there. But Ive been a customer of theirs since 2016 and it just feels like its a completely different atmosphere there from when I first signed up for their services.

Now that you have a truck you can haul a kart to the race tracks and there are some great tracks in Arizona...just sayin.
Might look into it. But what Id really like to do is buy a basic used Jr dragster and build it over the next few years. If the kids show any interest, off we go. If not, we Im sure it will be fun just to tinker lol!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man... sounds like it was an easy sell! You took good care of that car.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I know the feeling, I had an 01 Cobra, was my first car, bought it in High School. Went from going on date's with my future wife, to being a weekend "family" car with my 2 kids. I did a full 03 Cobra conversion (engine, tranny, etc)

Just decided one day it was time to let it go, it was hard with soo many memories, my daughter was heartbroken and didnt make things easier for me. As a baby, she used to fall asleep to the exhaust sound, she would mimick the sound before falling asleep, sometimes we would go on night drives in it since the baby craddle wasnt working. So yea, it was tough but you move from it.

Didnt mean to derail your thread OP, but like others said, youll be back in a different form.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Sometimes it's just time to let it go. I sold my GT500 five years ago and have not replaced it. I had good luck with mine and it responded very well to all modifications. I probably put 11 or 12k into it. I sold it because driving in Las Vegas sucks and the American car culture here sucks. I am getting the itch again but want to wait until I know for sure where I'll be next year. Take a break and come back to the car world when you're ready. You'll know when.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I made peace last fall with parting with my Mustang; got rid of it in March - first time in many years I do not have one.

Priorities change. I will have another one (or something) somewhere down the road as I close out my working life.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You'll be back, the car "illness" can only be suppressed for so long!

While I am in no way considering getting rid of my Cobra, now with a 2 year old I can see how some guys, who are less committed/obsessed, would get rid of their toy car. Good news is my boy loves the car and always wants to go faster when driving in anything.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You forgot to add Phaggot in that statement. Jesus Christ, are standards SLIPPING here! Thats it, cant leave yet. God's work to be done and such. :D

Sorry, here's for you buddy. BTW my heart broke a little when the shipper drove my 2014 down the driveway. I don't think the car ever sounded so good.
download.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Its a well known tuner in the Mustang world. Id prefer not to name them openly as I have no real beef with them. BUT they have a new policy where I as an existing customer have to "buy back in" for services from them, and thats just for minor revisions to my existing tunes. $500 for ethanol or race fuel tuning, and $500 more for a non stock power adder (or upgraded blower). On top of needing to buy an HP tuners interface as they no longer support SCT.

Add to it that they have a list of parts that they have "vetted" and will only tune for them. Pretty much they tell you what combo they will tune and you buy it. Then you pay them for tuning. Its very efficient for them and its their business, and certainly they arent the only option out there. But Ive been a customer of theirs since 2016 and it just feels like its a completely different atmosphere there from when I first signed up for their services.

Oh man, I think I know who you're getting at and I have their tune on my 16 GT. Based in PA, does a lot of remote / mail tuning?

Best of luck with your next automotive moves

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Oh man, I think I know who you're getting at and I have their tune on my 16 GT. Based in PA, does a lot of remote / mail tuning?

Best of luck with your next automotive moves
Sounds like you figured out the company! Again, I have no real beef with them. Their business, they can do as they please and they are very successful.

But its definitely not the golden era of modern performance anymore. Everythings expensive now for late model tuning and parts. Not that it was ever cheap per say, but its honestly easier now to just buy a 50 state kit and install that tune. Like a Roush kit, or Vortwc/Procharger kit.

Recon

Established Member
Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you really enjoyed the car, while you had it. The benefit in this is you could technically steal your wife’s convertible from time to time. Given it’s much slower than the Shelby. Just look forward to what your next toy will be.
P.s. I don’t recall if you ever posted a photo of the convertible yet. Let’s see it soon.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread