Emissions/Tuner questions

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Ok, I bought this car last year and it has been tuned but I didn't get the handheld, and I went to take emissions and failed because everything is coming up as "not supported", so I know I need a new tune, so my question is if I buy a SCT handheld will it save my current tune as the "stock" tune? and the tune I get with the handheld should be good to go pass emissions with and then I can load my tune back in, am I correct? I just want to make sure I won't lose my current tune and this will work before I buy the handheld. I've tried asking on the local forums but got two different answers and I emailed a tuner company that I was going to purchase the handheld through but they never wrote me back. I'm looking to buy the tuner ASAP so I can get emissions done. Thanks.

Don 95Vert

Established Member
Yes, the SCT tuner will save whatever the PCM has been flashed with as the 'stock' tune. But then again, if you get a custom tune, I am sure any tuner worth their salt will be able to send you a 100% stock tune along with the custom tune.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread