EMCO Gears Classic SVT & Ford Show

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Hello Ladies and gents, this is the official information for the next big car show on September 17th @ Mid-Ohio. Mid-Ohio is located in Troy Township, Morrow County, Ohio. Just outside of the village of Lexington. This will be the first annual show returning in 2012 with a three day event (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

To provide some context, I?m sure most of you are familiar with the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge. The Ford Racing Mustang Challenge was a professional racing series co-developed by Ford Racing and Miller Motorsports Park. Utilizing the Ford Mustang FR500S and sanctioned by the GRAND-AM Road Racing, the Mustang Challenge was a support series to major professional road racing events across North America.

The Mustang Challenge was an affordable, challenging platform for racers who want to compete in a V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive car on a level playing field that showcases driver ability in high-profile events. A competitive point structure and generous purses made the Mustang Challenge THE Place to Race!

Unfortunately, the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Series came to an end last year at Miller Motorsports Park.

Although the series was disbanded, multiple teams and cars were absorbed in other road racing series including the World Challenge and the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. Many of the cars have been collected under the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge which is under the GRAND-AM name; the Mustang Challenge was under GRAND-AM as well. Along with the Ford Mustang FR500S, GRAND-AM also has Ford Mustang GTs and the Mustang Boss 302R racing under the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge.

See below the information below for the details of ths show. The cover fee for the show is $5.00, plus the admission fee to Mid-Ohio. Prices are below.

08:00AM - 12:30PM (Registration)
01:00AM - 03:30PM (Judging)
03:30PM - 04:00PM (Awards)

** 10:00AM (Parade Lap) We have a section of Mid-Ohio that is dedicate to this show. I'd like to keep this in a orderly fashion where the Mustangs, Contours, Focuses, Lightnings, Ford GT, etc, all line up with their respective group to take the track together. As most will take their cars out for the parade lap, please keep in mind that you may have to tidy it up when you return. My guess is that we'll have roughly about 2.5 hours to tidy up our cars. Please keep in mind that the rubber compound from the racing slicks may stick to your tires. This happened to me the first year I took the track @ Mid-Ohio.

Racing Schedule

08:00AM - 08:30AM Practice - Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge
08:40AM - 09:10AM Practice - Rolex Sports Car Series
09:20AM - 09:50AM Qualifying - Sports Car Club of America
10:00AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Prerace / Fan Walk
11:00AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Race (Ford Racing Mustang Challenge)
02:00PM Rolex Sports Car Series Prerace / Fan Walk
03:00PM EMCO Gears Classic presented by KeyBank Rolex Sports Car Series Race

My advice to everyone is to order their tickets online to avoid the $30.00 gate fee on Saturday morning. You can do so at the link below.

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Store - EGC11 - Saturday General Admission - Advance Price

Grid Walks
Get close to the drivers and cars in one of two Saturday Grid Walks prior to the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at 10MA and the EMCO Gears
Classic presented by KeyBank at 2PM.

Autograph Session
Add to your autograph collection on Friday, September 16 at 12:30PM. All the Rolex Series drivers will be there! Location to be announced later.

iRacing Simulator
Get behind the wheel of a Daytona Prototype in our simulator located in The Mid-Ohio School booth.

Overall details at the link below.

More details here: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Schedule - EMCO Gears Classic presented by KeyBank

More details listed here: SVT Club of Central Ohio

Users who are viewing this thread