Electrical troubleshooting (CCRM?)

efnfast

Established Member
Trying to chase down an electrical gremlin and it's driving me crazy.

Last week i installed a new throwout bearing. After i put the car back together, when i would try to start it i would get a loud click from the starter, then lose all power to the car (absolutely no power) for ~30seconds, then the power would come back. I would also hear a loud TIC TIC TIC coming from the driver side footwell area while my power was shut off.

I found that if i jumpered the clutch neutral switch my issues were resolved - car started normally, no problems.

But a few days later my gauges are now messed up - when I turn the car off the gauges start going back to 0 then freeze. When they freeze the odometer displays dashes briefly, then turns off. The dashes on the odo obviously means the cluster is not seeing the PCM at that time (key off), and i imagine the gauges freeze because they are losing power.

This kinda sounds like a CCRM issue but i'm not sure because I have no issues with my fuel pump or fan or any issues with driving. My only issue is when i turn the car off, gauges freeze and cluster shows dashes, like the cluster is loosing power, but only when the car is being turned off.

hotcobra03

Established Member
see sticks above..before you post.
download the full pc version of manual.

has full wiring diagram..

who installed clutch?

I do recall wiring harness above bell housing,

could have pinched a wire?

the transmission harness could be the 1 ,seeing you have found issue in clutch switch

manual has harness layout

efnfast

Established Member
I did the clutch work. Harness looks okay and was fully uplugged before I dropped the tranny

If it were a pinched wire issue I'd expect to have intermittent issues (e.g., while driving), not one very specific problem - gauge looses power when keying off, and only when keying off (with radio and all other accessories working fine)

hotcobra03

Established Member
I'm assuming you didn't have any issues before you started work..

so ithe has to be something you touched,removed,or bumped during pulling trans,

not sure how much you removed to do job..

Users who are viewing this thread