cahurtik

Hello all,

Little background, have an 03 Mach 1 with the automatic that spun a rod bearing at 185k :). I purchased a junkyard engine out of an 04 standard, completed the swap as necessary and the car has ran great for the past 6 months or so. I recently got hit with a few issues in one day. First problem occurred when I went to get the car out for the weekend and would only crank as if not getting fuel and I noticed theft light flashing very fast, but after some tries it would eventually start and theft light would flash slowly then go away after a while. After driving the car would turn off and crank fine but after sitting a while the same thing would happen. Tried the programmed spare key with same results. Second problem the car seems to fall on its face in second gear. I first thought the trans was slipping, but the car still launches hard and spins 315s shifting to 2nd then just seems to linger in higher rpms not redlining with speed increasing slowly. Final issue once I got to where I was going I popped the hood and noticed smoke coming from the engine bay fuse box and it was hot as hell. PATS system, ECU, or fuse block itself?.. Looking for some input before I scramble my brains on it and get the time to tear into it. No aftermarket tunes or mods, car is stock aside from some welded in Flowmasters.

Appreciate any thoughts,
Colin

cahurtik

Got the time to look at it today. The nut holding the power cables to the fuse block was loose. Tightened it up and fixed all. Thanks to remind me to keep it simple lol.

Users who are viewing this thread