electrical issue in my 2006 GT

mustangcobra281

My 2006 GT has a big problem in the electrical system there is something that is drawing so much power that the car almost stalls at idle and hesitates At 5,500 rpms if I have the every thing off such as lights radio and climate control I can bring it to redline and it idles fine but when it's really cold out it's messed up regardless
. I took it to ford and they said the alt battery and alt harness were shot and replaced it all but of course they didn't fix the reason these parts went I took it back and they said there's nothing wrong. The tech however said oo I couldnt get it to redline and I'm like well there's your proof something is wrong but they couldnt do anything for me now I took the car back home and I'm pulling my hair out cause the alt battery and harness are gonna go again if i can't find the problem. i think that there is a such a voltage drop from the extra that the fuel pump or ignition system isnt getting enough power at wot high rpms. i have no electrical mods except hids that i took out after getting the new alt, alt harness and battery. taking the hids out made no difference.

cconner

Word of Wisdom
Established Member
How did this problem start? I have a similar problem, that I hope doesn't get as bad as yours!

Users who are viewing this thread