electrical help needed.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Vehicle is a 97 f150, problem is no reverse lights and no a/c compressor coming on.
Checked the owners manual for fuses, only one and it is for both, in cab fusebox fuse number 5 .
fuse is good has power going through both sides of the fuse (test light from ground to the test prongs on top of fuse) I have no current to the reverse lamps and a/c compressor will not come on.
I have crawled from one end of the truck to the other looking for connectors that might be lose,broken wires etc.no luck.
I have been under the dash and everything appears to be good but it is difficult to see behind the fuse box.
Has anyone got an electrical manual that may have time to look where the power is going from the fuse block.
much appreciative.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Vehicle is a 97 f150, problem is no reverse lights and no a/c compressor coming on.
Checked the owners manual for fuses, only one and it is for both, in cab fusebox fuse number 5 .
fuse is good has power going through both sides of the fuse (test light from ground to the test prongs on top of fuse) I have no current to the reverse lamps and a/c compressor will not come on.
I have crawled from one end of the truck to the other looking for connectors that might be lose,broken wires etc.no luck.
I have been under the dash and everything appears to be good but it is difficult to see behind the fuse box.
Has anyone got an electrical manual that may have time to look where the power is going from the fuse block.
much appreciative.

i have a 1995 f150..i have been using www.broncolinks.com

you will find alot of information,,,you will find a factory service manual that is helpfull but not complete

Redneckgearhead

Established Member
Check the pressure switch on the AC system....

And IIRC my ex-wifes gpa had a similar issue and it was a bad door switch. Just a few easy checks....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread