Electric Turbo (Cleetus edition) Potential 4.6 Usage?

bullitt2735

Established Member
It's a toy, but reall electric "turbos" are defintely coming in the next few years. There are some even already in production vehicles, Audi mainly. I'd say give it ten years and they'll probably be a real drop in system available that doesnt cost 20k.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you and agree there are better ways to make power!
I just find the concept interesting.

Yes, the current product is too small and you're right, the companies answer is to buy two...I don't see that ever happening in the real world.

Audi currently uses a 48V electric supercharger in their SQ7 to remove any turbo lag, so there is some viability to the concept.

I'm looking to see if there is anyway to mess around with this idea DIY on the cheap. My Vic ain't worth much & will never be fast, so as long as I can keep the time & dollars to a minimum...who cares!

Generic turbo kit for same price or less and done. CX Racing, On3.. there are plenty.

MisterScrub

Established Member
You also have to figure in dyno tuning. Without that it is the equivalent of installing a 50hp dry shot of nitrous. I don't think they would have even seen modest gains without the tuner fiddling in the ecu.

andymarkv

Established Member
Yep, if it works...at all, it will require tuning.
I'd just street tune it via email like I did with the TVS swap. It just required welding in a WB bung.

I find it interesting because it has to be the laziest way to make power I've ever seen.
And with some shit boxes...do you care enough to tear the thing apart to install a turbo kit...or have to swap bottles every four passes....?
If a unit of this type, was correctly sized & cheaper...I'd try it.

Users who are viewing this thread