Eibach Pro-Kit need Bilstein B8s?

bull_dog190

Established Member
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit on my Cobra, but have the OEM struts/shocks. (bought it this way)

Overall it rides pretty stiff but its fine.

I'm curious of the benefits of switching to a Bilstein B8 setup vs the OEM?

I see they are 'designed for lowered cars', but Eibachs website doesn't note any required changes to the struts/shocks.

Worth trying? or would it actually make it ride worse (stiffer)?

thanks

Attachments

• DSC00443.JPG
    DSC00443.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 98

Roush6018

Established Member
the eibach pro kit is one of the lowest spring kits that is available. they make the car look great too being so low. the springs have to be stiff so the car can still carry the weight of the passengers safely and not be on the ground.

i think the b8s would be exactly what you want to run because you have a shorter suspension travel and the shocks would be tuned for that. i am running H&R sport springs with iso and it didnt lower my car as much so i can still use stock shocks meant to travel maybe double the pro kit springs.

if you just get new cobra shocks, hd bilsteins , they will still work on your car, improving the ride over some worn out barely even working anymore stock shocks.

bull_dog190

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Apparently the 'B8' strut/shocks are the Cobra R ones.

So if im reading that right, according to MM, the Eibach pro kit only requires the OEM struts/shocks?
Seems like everyone has their own opinion of what to run lol.

bull_dog190

Established Member
the eibach pro kit is one of the lowest spring kits that is available. they make the car look great too being so low. the springs have to be stiff so the car can still carry the weight of the passengers safely and not be on the ground.

i think the b8s would be exactly what you want to run because you have a shorter suspension travel and the shocks would be tuned for that. i am running H&R sport springs with iso and it didnt lower my car as much so i can still use stock shocks meant to travel maybe double the pro kit springs.

if you just get new cobra shocks, hd bilsteins , they will still work on your car, improving the ride over some worn out barely even working anymore stock shocks.
Thanks! just trying to get an idea of what to run. MM website says run stock stuff. while people i talk to say its best to match it. not sure what to do lol

robvas

Established Member

You might be thinking of the Eibach Sportlines. Those are really low and ride pretty rough. The Pro Kit shouldn't be too far off factory spring stiffness

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you're running the original OEM Bilsteins, they're almost certainly due for replacement anyway. Whether you choose B6 or B8, I think you'll be fine. FWIW, I have B8s with H&R race springs. Seem to complement each other well.

Users who are viewing this thread