EGR MIL eliminator

JCDriller

Established Member
With the EPA cracking down my current tuner won’t shut off the MIL for the EGR.

Figure I have a couple options. I can pull the bulb from the MIL, but then I won’t know when other codes are being thrown.

Or

There has to be some way to wire in resistance to trick the car into thinking it’s still functioning like the rear O2 sensor MIL eliminators. Seems like a much better route.

A Google search pulls up a couple old threads on some of the SN95 boards, but of course the wiring diagram is lost to time.

Can anyone else help with this??

Thanks!

JCDriller

Established Member
This is why I bought CoreTuning binary editor. **** the EPA.

I love the idea, but that is so far beyond my knowledge base. I’m not too worried about it as I do plan on going ms3 probably next winter, I assume it’s an easy fix then.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with the EGR, just because the MIL is lit, doesn’t mean there is any repercussions with how the car runs. This is why taking out the bulb is acceptable?

03' White Snake

Established Member
For years I extended the EGR stuff from the side of the blower and relocated it into the wiper cowl. All still functioned but not seen. It fits into the pocket near the wiper motor.

I have since deleted it and is turned off in my tune.

JCDriller

Established Member
For years I extended the EGR stuff from the side of the blower and relocated it into the wiper cowl. All still functioned but not seen. It fits into the pocket near the wiper motor.

I have since deleted it and is turned off in my tune.

I guess I should have asked about turning it off before I started working with my tuner. I’ve used him in the past and it was a given.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I love the idea, but that is so far beyond my knowledge base. I’m not too worried about it as I do plan on going ms3 probably next winter, I assume it’s an easy fix then.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with the EGR, just because the MIL is lit, doesn’t mean there is any repercussions with how the car runs. This is why taking out the bulb is acceptable?
EGR codes will not effect how the car runs.

Users who are viewing this thread