EGR dtc

Habu7108

Established Member
I have an 08 gt500. Headers were installed prior to my ownership. EGR was welded shut on both valve and passenger side header. I replaced the valve, and drilled out the header roughly a month ago. No codes for p 0401 until today. My tuner will not adjust this parameter in the tune. Is everyone just living with the check engine light that has similar mods? I'm sorry if this in the wrong forum, however it does sort of apply.

raustin0017

Established Member
I'm not the Code expert but think it is time for new tuner guy/gal. You are the customer and seems like an easy fix with a couple of key strokes.
Good luck!

Habu7108

Established Member
My tuner got fined by the EPA over emissions related issues. Legit tuners don't want to lose their livelyhood. Let's get back to the issue at hand.

hotcobra03

Established Member
P0401 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow Insufficient Detected

Description: The EGR system is monitored during steady state driving conditions while the EGR is commanded on. The test fails when the signal from the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor indicates that EGR flow is less than the desired minimum.
Possible Causes:
  • Vacuum supply

• EGR valve stuck closed

• EGR valve leaks vacuum

• EGR flow path restricted

• EVR circuit short to voltage

• VREF open to differential pressure feedback EGR sensor

• Differential pressure feedback EGR sensor downstream hose is off or plugged

• EVR circuit open

• VPWR open to EGR vacuum regulator solenoid

• Differential pressure feedback EGR sensor hoses are both off

• Differential pressure feedback EGR sensor hoses are reversed

• Damaged EGR orifice tube

• Damaged EGR vacuum regulator solenoid

Habu7108

Established Member
See, the egr was welded shut by a prior owner on both ends. Since my car has long tube headers in it, it's probably not getting enough since the car was originally getting flow from four cylinders. I had the car worked on and got it back Thursday, and then code pops Saturday after 45 days of no code.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The only fix is to connect all the EGR system back to fully functioning.

Habu7108

Established Member
What work was done?

If no code issues before going there
I've got clutch chatter. Dealership suggested a slave cylinder. They attempted to do it, but couldn't get transmission out. When I personally replaced egr system, I didn't have appropriate wrench to tighten things up. Had dealership tighten things up while they were attempting slave cylinder. Code popped the next day

Habu7108

Established Member
I went six weeks without an egr code before Ford tightened the fittings. Got my car back Friday, car popped a code Saturday. The fittings were hand right and was probably allowing air to pass, which will add to the flow. I'm going to loosen the fittings and clear the codes and see what happens. Well, as soon as it stops raining anyway lol. I agree that the only way the PCM is going to be happy is if everything is put back to stock regarding exhaust mabifolds. However, that will be costly and will hamper performance.

sleek98

Established Member
went a few years with long tubes and egr working. I am guessing the size you drilled isnt giving it full flow. Tip, pull the battery and battery tray and there is plenty of room to get to that fitting.

Habu7108

Established Member
went a few years with long tubes and egr working. I am guessing the size you drilled isnt giving it full flow. Tip, pull the battery and battery tray and there is plenty of room to get to that fitting.
Normally I'd be on board with you. However, I went 45 days after I did the work without a code. Yeah, I pulled the battery and tray when I did the work. After I did the work, I went for an Italian tube up for ten miles at 80 mph. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if the tech accidentally bumped something loose. Iot the car back Friday, a d code showed up Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread