EGR delete with ARH headers

badmpg03

Established Member
Since this is not advertised anywhere, wanted to share if you plan to block the EGR system, ARH will build you a set with it removed if asked.

I had the egr deleted/capped off and recently the bung suddenly blew off the header after several years. The rep said this is a common and I should have asked for an egr delete. But an 'egr delete' option is nowhere to be found on retail websites......not even the ARH website. The Houston shop I use is a dealer and did not know this was an option as well,

Anyway just heads up if you are getting new headers. may help avoid the PITA of pulling the header, patching, and putting back on at some point

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Since this is not advertised anywhere, wanted to share if you plan to block the EGR system, ARH will build you a set with it removed if asked.

I had the egr deleted/capped off and recently the bung suddenly blew off the header after several years. The rep said this is a common and I should have asked for an egr delete. But an 'egr delete' option is nowhere to be found on retail websites......not even the ARH website. The Houston shop I use is a dealer and did not know this was an option as well,

Anyway just heads up if you are getting new headers. may help avoid the PITA of pulling the header, patching, and putting back on at some point

Yeah they're kinda one off for our cars from them now so they'll do what ever if you call. I'm nervous myself. I kept mine but what scared as shit cranking on them to make the EGR tube fit the VMP. Fingers crossed.

Snake82

Established Member
How likely is to happen? I just installed ARH headers and capped it for the EGR delete. Damn I wish I knew this sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

badmpg03

Established Member
How likely is to happen? I just installed ARH headers and capped it for the EGR delete. Damn I wish I knew this sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Likely you may be just fine, I should have clarified in post - ARH said it was common but in High HP applications.
this happened after about 3 years of my car running at 19-20 psi - built motor making 800+hp

Snake82

Established Member
Likely you may be just fine, I should have clarified in post - ARH said it was common but in High HP applications.
this happened after about 3 years of my car running at 19-20 psi - built motor making 800+hp

Ok, yeah I figured it would take significant power and/or boost for that to happen. Do you track your car as well?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

badmpg03

Established Member
Ok, yeah I figured it would take significant power and/or boost for that to happen. Do you track your car as well?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

pretty rarely last runs were are year ago and after a couple runs on street tires, was booted for no cage,
I have a 6 point in the garage just been lagging on getting it put in,

Users who are viewing this thread