EGR delete kit worth it.

Serge

Established Member
hi debating on deleting the EGR is it worth it. my reason is i dint like the vacuum lines running all over the place and is there more then just capping of the intake and manifold. any advantage doing it. will it affect the idle or gain anything out of it.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Typically EGR cools the combustion temperatures under normal driving conditions and is inoperable at WOT so you may increase mid-range throttle combustion temps a little (may be light detonation), decrease fuel mileage slightly and trigger CEL!!:(

Really not worth doing unless it looks really bad and annoys ya!! :cool:

Good Luck!! :)

VLONE

Established Member
Mine was deleted when my long tube headers were installed. I had my tuner code it out when the car was re-tuned so I have no check engine light due to it. I noticed no difference in performance at all. Engine bay definitely looks a bit cleaner though. Only negative I have experienced is that the smell of fuel is much more noticeable when the car is idling in the driveway or at a stop light. Nothing overwhelming though.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Its not worth deleting if you have emissions or you ever plan to sell the car. Becomes a hassle to sell.

VLONE

Established Member
That's definitely correct. If Drive Clean tests weren't eliminated in Ontario I would not have deleted it on my car.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The only benefit is looks, if anything cruising mileage might drop a tad. You will need a tune to keep the CEL off. If I had deleted mine I only would have done it while the motor was already out, ya know...hypothetically speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread