efi dyno tuning updated - opinions

decipha

Established Member
The custom tuning site has been updated with a face lift. Check it out if you have a minute and reply back with opinions and suggestions please. Keep in mind can't do anything crazy since in remote areas of some countries they only have 56k dial up internet so it has to be very compact. Basically text only no fancy bandwith heavy stuff. They are also more compact when printing that way as well.

EFIDynoTuning

40th GT

Established Member
I started reading this guide from the beginning. Currently on Fuel Control and I'm wanting to keep learning. I appreciate you sharing this info.
Last year I watched some HP academy videos and read the Ford manual written by the Tuning School and I always had an interest in tuning. I haven't seen a better guide than Decipha's that are specific to Fords

Is this a good place to ask specific questions about the guide? I want to know more about dashpot decay and how to induce engine braking during decel without excessive bucking on a manual car. Would retarding spark during decel help the car slow down in gear, or is this mainly a function of ISC flow and dashpot?
Also when tuning fuel trims for warm cruise/light load, would it be better to try matching short term fuel trim to Lambse, or am I still tuning based off of wideband values?

Last edited:

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I started reading this guide from the beginning. Currently on Fuel Control and I'm wanting to keep learning. I appreciate you sharing this info.
Last year I watched some HP academy videos and read the Ford manual written by the Tuning School and I always had an interest in tuning. I haven't seen anything else out there so specific to Fords.

Is this a good place to ask specific questions about the guide? I want to know more about dashpot decay and how to induce engine braking during decel without excessive bucking on a manual car. Would retarding spark during decel help the car slow down in gear, or is this mainly a function of ISC flow and dashpot?
Also when tuning fuel trims for warm cruise/light load, would it be better to try matching short term fuel trim to Lambse, or am I still tuning based off of wideband values?

I can't offer advice on the dashpot decay as I have not really had to adjust it (something I do want to play with in the future, and I hear you can spend a infinite amount of time on it lol), but when I was working on my part throttle tuning I initially tuned off of my wideband then enabled the STFT's to make sure they were inline. After part throttle was dialed in the STFT's and my wideband jived together pretty well.

Decipha, your site is awesome, the way you share your knowledge is so appreciated, and your willingness to help..... especially self tuners learning really sets you appart. Thank you!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I can't offer advice on the dashpot decay as I have not really had to adjust it (something I do want to play with in the future, and I hear you can spend a infinite amount of time on it lol), but when I was working on my part throttle tuning I initially tuned off of my wideband then enabled the STFT's to make sure they were inline. After part throttle was dialed in the STFT's and my wideband jived together pretty well.

Decipha, your site is awesome, the way you share your knowledge is so appreciated, and your willingness to help..... especially self tuners learning really sets you appart. Thank you!
I've always been of the mindset that unless you're dealing with an idle drop when coming to a stop you don't need to deal with dashpot decay.

That's actually how I've always done my STFT's. Its worked well for me. But I've never dealt with big cams.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I've always been of the mindset that unless you're dealing with an idle drop when coming to a stop you don't need to deal with dashpot decay.

That's actually how I've always done my STFT's. Its worked well for me. But I've never dealt with big cams.

Gotta say MS3 gives you a ton of parameters to fix a idle drop / stall coming to a stop / decel. I actually had fun tuning it.

Users who are viewing this thread