Educated SWAG on the HP / TQ

SoCalShark

Established Member
Let's start by saying I am really excited about this new 2020 GT500 with the DCT. Especially if they do not offer a stick. That would increase the value of all the GT350's with the stick and make them stand apart. Thus I would love to add one next to my R.

Anyway, on with my deductive reasoning on the HP/TQ numbers.

I took a look at the performance numbers of the latest ZL1, ZL1 1LE and the time slips from this forum on the guys that put up timeslips on their 13/14's GT500's. And, I cannot remember where, but in one of the dozens of videos I thought I heard one of the Ford guys say (or it was on forum somewhere) that in some prelim testing, the prototypes have been running 10.8 @ 133 or so. Also, if you look at the performance numbers on the New CobraJet ( I know, its not the same) It is a blown 5.2, looking to run in the 8's. Lastly there is that Easter Egg picture that floated around of the dashboard a while back. Schmee150 (Brit Youtuber) talked about it today that got me thinking. As he said, the Mustang GT Dashboard Easter Egg Dashboard came true....

The GT500 Easter Egg photo leads to 772 Hp / 743 Tq (I deduced the 74.3 miles on the odo for the tq but if the HP is right, it would be pretty close as I interpolated my Dyno numbers from my modded 2013. Pretty similar. I then looked at the 2013 Forum here at some of the timeslips vs, the mods on those cars. Starts to add up.

I think FORD is being super conservative, so not to disappoint folks, to take the time to do it right and get the most and to avoid a lawsuit (see the EPA estimate CF from VW.) I also think (like the Boss 429) they may be wanting to Underrate it a little for insurance, but whatever. I also do not think it will match the RedEye, nor do I care. Its close, and the Redeye is much heavier. This new GT500 is to be an allround sports car. The DodgeBoys are really focused on Brutal HP and straight line. And they do that VERY well. Mustangs are Pony Cars. GT350/R a lighter weight, N/A, 6sp. The new GT500 a chubbier, Boosted, DCT. Both can do the track very well. But if you choose the Base one, you can save on the Carbon Wings/Wheels and add some Drag Radials. Choose your weapon.

Finally, yes this is all speculation but based on some deductions so here are my thoughts on the "Not Yet Final" Specs

772 HP
743 TQ
3850# (in the carbon fiber no rear seat version) / 3975# in the Base

My Performance Estimates:
0-60 3.3 ish, in smoke. If DR's, then sub 3.0
1/4 10.80 on stock rubber is feasible. Add DR's and could get 10.5
60-0 90'
Skidpad: 1.12 g
Randy Pobst will do Big Willow in 1m23s

Most of all we live in a great time. Camaro, Challenger and Mustang all putting it out there for us to enjoy!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it will be 4,250lbs. I think it have 720HP and 650TQ.
I'm guessing here, obviously. We already know the driveshaft is a one piece carbon fiber item and the rear gears are 3.73.

LostM

Established Member
easy, look at current 5.2 with 10 psi whipple blown, bring rpm back to 7500, drop 50 for slight differences, rework for crank hp figures

conceptmachine

Established Member
being optimistic, if this thing did run a 10.89 at 133 and it weighs 4300 lbs fueled with a driver. If using a simple weight to MPH calculator, it puts the HP level right at 780 HP.
Still tweaking sounds , what's that ford commercial? "even better"

BAS

Established Member

Torque numbers lower than, or equal to, 664ft lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Torque numbers lower than, or equal to, 664ft lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rpm limit is well below the 9k rpm point listed in the “leaked” form though. In theory, reworking could yield 650tq at 5000 instead of 650@4500 , and say 810hp at 8500rpm with some very aggressive cams, and what have you.

That kind of cam profile can’t pass smog, or even drivability testing by Ford. It won’t happen, period. I hold no dillusion that it could. I’m just saying 650tq doesn’t limit hp as much as smog, cert and in house standards limit hp.

Users who are viewing this thread